Thursday Strike Action - megathread

[/b]

No they don't get bloody massive pensions, in 16 years I never knew anybody that got promotion before retirement, who feeds you information Mickey Mouse.:loopy::loopy:

Think post #40 and me knowing someone working at the DWP answers that. So less of the Mickey Mouse please.

In the private sector if you're not happy with your pay or pay increases you go out and look for another job. Is that not an option for Public sector workers?

No cos they know they're on to a good thing with the Public Sector Gravy train

There is notihng amiss in people getting promoted in thier late 50s/early 60s; for a start it means they (should) have plenty of experience for the role.

I don't thinkthe pensions works the same way in the Industry now though.

In the private sector if you're not happy with your pay or pay increases you go out and look for another job. Is that not an option for Public sector workers?
It is, and I know at least 3 teachers who have gone private sector over the past 2 years, from my kid's (public) primary.

Two of them overseas, one in US, other in China.

But then, one has to be demonstrably good at it to get hired and, more importantly, stay good at it ;)

Funnily enough I know of a few that got promotion to mMS grades prior to retirment to get a better pension....strange that eh ;)

Also if you are not in the Uniion and join the strike, as said above, you are in breach of contract....And I doubt the Union will help you out of that one either.....Been there, done that in a slightly different context .

They cannot support you if you're not in union, you can go to work that day though sign a union form & you're covered if you strike. I've yet to meet a union member that would support a non union member, yes they can offer advice but are not allowed to support non union members, the union is for members.

---------- Post added 08-07-2014 at 16:38 ----------

Think post #40 and me knowing someone working at the DWP answers that. So less of the Mickey Mouse please.

And as I said I worked for DWP for 16 years and never ever met anyone who was promoted, then retired. And as I say the pension is not 2/3rds of final salary, as I say Mickey must have had an off day.

DWP staff have been screwed for last 5 or six years 4 of them no pay rise, and then got 1%, I hope they cripple them on strike day but, scabs will go in & they'll say oh it's business as usual.

[/b]

They cannot support you if you're not in union, you can go to work that day though sign a union form & you're covered if you strike. I've yet to meet a union member that would support a non union member, yes they can offer advice but are not allowed to support non union members, the union is for members.

---------- Post added 08-07-2014 at 16:38 ----------

And as I said I worked for DWP for 16 years and never ever met anyone who was promoted, then retired. And as I say the pension is not 2/3rds of final salary, as I say Mickey must have had an off day.

DWP staff have been screwed for last 5 or six years 4 of them no pay rise, and then got 1%, I hope they cripple them on strike day but, scabs will go in & they'll say oh it's business as usual.

Why don't they get other jobs then?

[/b]

I know that, I had a non-Union member who got put on a disciplinary for refusing to work other than his rostered duty on a strike day, and the cheeky beggar expected me to then defend his corner.

I know that, I had a non-Union member who got put on a disciplinary for refusing to work other than his rostered duty on a strike day, and the cheeky beggar expected me to then defend his corner.

I'm with you now you're a rep, I had the same problems when I was a rep @ DWP what I used to do with any union member that came to us later for help, after scabbing we referred them to head office in Leeds.

They want all the benefits but not the effort of striking.

Pete

Archived