Thursday Strike Action - megathread

In general that's true but in the public sector you get a gold-plated pension and can retire in your 50s. It's swings and roundabouts.

You know you are lying, but you think constant repetition will make it true.

You know you are lying, but you think constant repetition will make it true.

No-one in the public sector retires at 50? Public sector pensions are ridiculously generous, compared to the pensions that people paying for the public sector get. This is wrong, and needs to be changed.

[/b]

No they don't get bloody massive pensions, in 16 years I never knew anybody that got promotion before retirement, who feeds you information Mickey Mouse.:loopy::loopy:

This did used to happen in the police force BPB. Maybe it still does???

In general that's true but in the public sector you get a gold-plated pension and can retire in your 50s. It's swings and roundabouts.

Er, no. Not in my bit of the public sector anyway.

The point is, everyone should be able to earn a living wage and enjoy a secure old age. The attacks on the public sector, if successful, will have a catastrophic knock-on effect on the private sector too. The gloves will be off, it will be naked capitalism, red in tooth and claw ....

No-one in the public sector retires at 50? Public sector pensions are ridiculously generous, compared to the pensions that people paying for the public sector get. This is wrong, and needs to be changed.

Well I don't know anyone in my public sector employment who can retire at 50. 66 is the going age for retirement. Maybe you were thinking of bankers. It was Fred Goodwin who got his pension of £703,000 per year when he was 50.

Care to give examples of public sector workers who got similar?

So why don't public sector workers look for jobs in the private sector?

So why don't private sector workers look for jobs in the public sector if it's all so easy, a gold plated pension and retirement at 50?

So why don't private sector workers look for jobs in the public sector if it's all so easy, a gold plated pension and retirement at 50?

I'm not complaining about my job or planning to go on strike any time soon. If I hated my job, wasn't happy about pay or the hours I was working I wouldn't go on strike I'd find another job.

Guest sibon
I'm not complaining about my job or planning to go on strike any time soon. If I hated my job, wasn't happy about pay or the hours I was working I wouldn't go on strike I'd find another job.

If I wasn't happy with my employer and if many more people felt the same way, I'd go on strike.

Be careful what you wish for. When all of the most talented teachers end up in private schools and when the best surgeons end up in private hospitals, you might just regret your flippancy.

---------- Post added 09-07-2014 at 23:22 ----------

A good read for anyone with an open mind

Archived