There is a new book out one of a kind based in Sheffield in 1915

The story starts in Sheffield in 1915. Based on a true story - a great read each book sold gives an automatic donation to British Legion. Makes a great present written by one of Sheffield's own. A Pocket Full of Hope by Lynne Whiteley now on Amazon and in Waterstones.

Well that's lovely thank you. If you are visiting family and will have a c/o address the easiest may be Amazon or Waterstones Online and order, don't think it is actually in the stores yet I am hoping Waterstones in Orchard Square Sheffield will stock it. It has just been published to commemorate the anniversary of WW1 and for a preview please log in to http://apocketfullofhope.co.uk/

Kind regards and thanks again, Enjoy.

Lynne Whiteley

• 4 weeks later...

This is a very special book, it not only starts in Sheffield in 1915 and based on a true story woven with fiction ,it is a great read. Written by one of Sheffield's own and for every copy sold there is a donation to The Royal British Legion, it has been published to commemorate the Centenary of WW1.

You are invited to the website where you can read the background and first 3 chapters http://apocketfullofhope.co.uk/ Imagine yourself back in Sheffield in 1915, this book will take you there. An emotive story well worth a read together with support for The British Legion - Lest We Forget. Available on Amazon and Waterstones Online

• 3 months later...

A Pocket Full of Hope – Author Lynne Whiteley (From ;Sheffield)

As it is a 100 years since the First World War I wanted, to read something that was based on fact and reflected on maybe how lucky our generation is!

The book, for me was very hard to put down because I was drawn in rather quickly to the story and the characters.

The story is very moving, Families waving their loves ones off not knowing what their future will hold. Would their loved ones ever return!

Families having no choice but live their life and survive whatever way they could. I cried, I laughed.

Should this book ever be made into a film!! “Sean Bean “would be well placed as this book is based around Sheffield!

Would make a great gift! Also an automatic donation goes directly to”The British Legion”.

I hope the writer has some more stories for us in the future!

• 3 weeks later...

A personal thank you to all the dozens of people that bought at the Kelham Island Dickensian Christmas Fayre, it was an evocative weekend with everyone equally having their own family stories to tell and enhanced with costume, a wind up gramaphone and the strains of music of the era. Super stuff.

Enjoy your read the website is there for feedback, the search continues for the man with the moustache??

Regards

L