Can the jobcentre pay for college courses?

Honestly I think its been removed. The friend I was assisting also had his paid for, even if it hadnt changed i highly doubt they would pay your fees again. Give them a ring and keep asking until you get through to someone who knows what you are talking about.

Learner Support Fund Co-ordinator

As I said I dont think they will. The person I made enquiries for also had it paid for and didnt complete. I doubt theyd have paid again, but he rules had changed and he was offered a grant as above. You might as well try and a person in the know cna set you straught quickly.

I doubt the access course fee would be paid by the jobcentre as it pus you in the full time student bracket and isn't a 'job' course iyswim.

If your doing the course to go on to uni then it doesn't matter, take the learning loan and when you start a degree it gets wiped off. If you don't do a degree after the access you start paying back when your earnings reach £21k.

Which access course is it and which institution? speak to their financial advisers and see what help you can get. Declare yourself living in a house that has a low income and you'll get a fair bit of money thrown at you, declare a high income and you'll probably get bills....

I don't doubt they did, just that they might not do so now. I once got the jobcentre to pay in advance for a combined level 3 and degree qualification with re-location costs.

But that was many years ago and now I doubt I'd be able to get a fork lift truck course out of them!

Archived