Can the jobcentre pay for college courses?

Northern college do still have a bursary if you (household) earn <28k you'll get an amount of money p/w.

The course isn't free you'll need the 24+loan and if your household income is above £28k they'll try and charge you for meals, for accommodation and for paper, around a grand in total.

that said it is a good college and if you declare your household income as low theres no charges, the food is good, child care is available and the residence is a stately home! you can't ask for much more really.

Probably the college to do an access course at if you want a trouble free life for a year.

yes and yes. As per usual these days- no one seems to have a clue...

And btw everything was on that link to see if you could apply for JSA. Apply you circumstances to the criteria in the link.

So did you talk to the Learner Support Fund Co-ordinator at the college on the number I gave?

Are you saying if I rang that number they wouldnt have a clue?

Are you saying if I rang that number they wouldnt have a clue?

Yes- be my guest. However having spoken to someone @ the careers advice centre on division street first thing this AM it does appear that they do indeed pay for these courses.

I remain however unconvinced.

Yes- be my guest. However having spoken to someone @ the careers advice centre on division street first thing this AM it does appear that they do indeed pay for these courses.

I remain however unconvinced.

Thats ok then you are sorted and you can follow their advice ansd the onformation they gave you.

Glad to see you sorted it out. Personally id have checked with the college.

You still have the hurdle if getting them to pay for your fees again when they have already paid before.

Checking with the DWP as to whether you qualify to be on JSA if that is a requirement to have your funding paid.

Archived