Can you learn to love somebody?

Please define successful in the context of arranged marriage in comparison to marriages where both parties had free uncoerced choice of non-relatives and married because they loved each oher.

By successful do you mean they had lots of children which they arranged marriages for .. after having mutilated the girls of course and taught the boys how to keep women in their place?

Are you on about Indian or Thai arranged marriages? = http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/ReadersSubmissions2013/reader8119.htm

:rolleyes:

Please define successful in the context of arranged marriage in comparison to marriages where both parties had free uncoerced choice of non-relatives and married because they loved each oher.

By successful do you mean they had lots of children which they arranged marriages for .. after having mutilated the girls of course and taught the boys how to keep women in their place?

Jeez Tommo, you're a sad old sack. Have you ever considered allowing joy into your life? You're just determined to urinate on everyone's parade...are you married?

I think any attempt to describe 'success' in marriage is likely to encounter difficulties. Is it one where a couple remain together death until part?

In which case those of the arranged variety generally outlive those of the western type, but are such couples happy? I don't know but then relationships entered into under free choice don't seem to be populated with people who are hopping, skipping and jumping through the tulips either.

Jeez Tommo, you're a sad old sack. Have you ever considered allowing joy into your life? You're just determined to urinate on everyone's parade...are you married?

His contributions portray the experiences of a cuckold whose beloved ran away to the circus with a prodigiously endowed Bangladeshi lion tamer.

---------- Post added 10-07-2014 at 22:55 ----------

Why amyone would get married is beyond me

Its like taking your own Spar sandwiches to a banquet ;)

Says the man who eats Spar sandwiches through a straw....

Bit over the top reaction to a simple question Halibut; which I see you failed to answer....a, but you did manage one of your... I can't answer this I'll use an insult instead of a constructive response.

As for letting joy in my life; I have, and have had plenty, and ever since I decided to get a divorce then things just got better. Which also answers your rather personal question.

Seeing as it works both ways I'll misquote Irina Dunn...

a man needs a woman like a fish needs a bicycle.

IMHO Arranged or self-determined, most marriages that endure do so purely out of habit, and bad habits it seems are the hardest to kick. Too many people, it would appear, get themselves caught up in comfort zone and are not happy but are too scared of change to do anything about it.

On marriage I have to agree with Se7enhills. If he means spam..

I'm prepared to a long distance out of my way to avoid shopping at a spar.

Boyfriday... I did see your comment its not hardly worth a response, but it does raise a couple of questions.

I've never been a cuckold.. please tell us... what does it feel like?

Were you the last to know or amongst the first?

Did you enjoy telling your friends? I know some people get off on that.

Archived