Hospital Food Debate

Well I have the pleasure of serving meals on the ward at the NGH and there is rarely much food sent back to the kitchen at the end of the meal which must mean that it is edible at least !

We actually have very few complaints tbh and often go around offering second helpings - regularly taken up.

I have spent a few weeks in the ngh a few times in recent years and can honestly say that if the same food was served in prison there would be a riot.The medical service was excellent (chesterman) no complaint there but the food is inedible.

The food at the Hallamshire is fresh food prepared all in-house as opposed to the frozen pre-cooked type used at a lot of hospitals.

!

Not anymore it's not.

The RHH went over to the 'regeneration' system last October and uses exactly the same system as NGH.

I have spent a few weeks in the ngh a few times in recent years and can honestly say that if the same food was served in prison there would be a riot.The medical service was excellent (chesterman) no complaint there but the food is inedible.

I wonder why there are so many empty plates at the end of serving then - maybe patients send the food home in doggy bags !

We receive patients from other hospitals in South Yorkshire and many of them comment on how good the meals are in Sheffield.

---------- Post added 10-07-2014 at 22:23 ----------

I had reason to be in the Hallamshire last year and one of the staff was going round with a petition/campaign for better food.....

Wouldn't it have been better for the staff to ask the catering department to come and speak to their patients - we do this whenever a patient complains.

I wouldn't say so..................

Sorry I was teasing.

---------- Post added 10-07-2014 at 22:25 ----------

Not anymore it's not.

The RHH went over to the 'regeneration' system last October and uses exactly the same system as NGH.

Was that a permanent thing or was temporary for the refurbishment of the kitchens?

Archived