Once more Sheffield's Graves Park is used as a council tip.

Is it acceptable for the council to use parkland as a tipping ground.  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Is it acceptable for the council to use parkland as a tipping ground.

• Yes I have no problem with part of Graves Park being used as a tip
    • No. The land should not be used for this storing this filth.
    • The land should be cleared up and restored as public parkland.
    • Who cares as long as it’s not in a park near me.

Utter lies in that article, why if a vehicle "broke down" has another vehicle been bringing MORE stuff to the site?

Looking at the website.

There are loads of trucks. Perhaps they are all too busy bringing in filth and can't be spared to take it away.

Why does the council keep doing this? Do they like reading about themselves in the press?

Im shocked Comrade Julie Dore wasnt up in the park for a photo opportunity seeing how she loves her mugshot in the paper .

Seems old Jacky boy Scott has gone quiet . Obviously he condones his own employees fly tipping whilst at the same time threatening us mere mortals with prosecution if we fly tip.

Double standards of the highest order there Jackie boy . Should try practising what you preach old chap.

Im shocked Comrade Julie Dore wasnt up in the park for a photo opportunity seeing how she loves her mugshot in the paper .

Seems old Jacky boy Scott has gone quiet . Obviously he condones his own employees fly tipping whilst at the same time threatening us mere mortals with prosecution if we fly tip.

Double standards of the highest order there Jackie boy . Should try practising what you preach old chap.

I heard the interview on Radio Sheffield. It seems the council is not only fully aware of what is going on. It seems that it is a policy decission.:loopy::loopy:

I like the quote about "the beautiful Graves Park proper." This was the attitude re the hospice as well, there is the "park" that won't be damaged or destroyed, and then there is the "depot bit" which they seem to think they can do what they want with.

No matter that it was all gifted as park.

I like the quote about "the beautiful Graves Park proper." This was the attitude re the hospice as well, there is the "park" that won't be damaged or destroyed, and then there is the "depot bit" which they seem to think they can do what they want with.

Oh dear this is hilarious.

Look North turned up to film the dumping this morning. But they needed to get permission from the council before they could send a film crew. So for a few hours before The BBC turned up about a dozen guys were tasked with clearing all the bin bags into a neat area all surrounded by fences.

BUT....

The crew then went into the newly restored arboretum. This is just 1 fence width from the dump site. No sooner had the film crew moved out and started filming elsewhere the first council truck arrived to recommence dumping operations. ALL CAUGHT ON CAMERA BY THE BBC.

So it seems the dumping is continuing despite what certain councillors have promised.

Yes, including the car park that they now charge people to use.