Once more Sheffield's Graves Park is used as a council tip.

Is it acceptable for the council to use parkland as a tipping ground.  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Is it acceptable for the council to use parkland as a tipping ground.

• Yes I have no problem with part of Graves Park being used as a tip
    • No. The land should not be used for this storing this filth.
    • The land should be cleared up and restored as public parkland.
    • Who cares as long as it’s not in a park near me.

You REALLY are getting desperate (and,IMO, beginning to sound silly).

Not really surprising, I had just returned from an excellent night of watching the Monty Python Live(almost) and this thread is now resembling one of their sketches. But then nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition with Cardinal Shytot and Cardinal Barpen.

So if the council are not now going to use the 3.5 acres of Graves Park that they have fenced off as a dump, what exactly have they got 3.5 acres fenced off for?

When I ask a question on here like that I am told to go and ask the "council".

Pity no one seems to have bothered to ask the "council" any questions, they just negotiate via Sheffield forum, the TV companies and the newspapers.

Remember, no matter who you vote for the "council" always get in.

When I ask a question on here like that I am told to go and ask the "council".

Pity no one seems to have bothered to ask the "council" any questions, they just negotiate via Sheffield forum, the TV companies and the newspapers.

Remember, no matter who you vote for the "council" always get in.

Actually when you ring the council you just get fobbed off with a we are in charge and will do what we want in the park. So perhaps folk got fed up of asking the council and then resorted to the forum, TV companies and newspapers. Have you asked anyone if the asked the council or did you just assume that they didn't?

Actually when you ring the council you just get fobbed off with a we are in charge and will do what we want in the park. So perhaps folk got fed up of asking the council and then resorted to the forum, TV companies and newspapers. Have you asked anyone if the asked the council or did you just assume that they didn't?

Try reading the thread from the start.

Try reading the thread from the start.

I did. You don't seem to have much of a life outside of making excuses on this thread for inexcusable council behaviour. But you are doing a great job of alerting folk to every lame excuse in the book for a council tipping dangerous waste in a public park. For that you should be congratulated.

i assume you have the name of the person who actually told you this or are you just making it up ( i suspect the latter)

i assume you have the name of the person who actually told you this or are you just making it up ( i suspect the latter)

Indeed I have. Both seemed to think it perfectly acceptable to tip dog waste in Graves Park and even went on the radio and to Sheffield Newspapers and told them the same.

The thread quite clearly mentions that several people have contacted councillors in order to ask about the situation...

Councillors or council officials? Councillors do not have much control over the every day running of departments, that's why they employ people to run departments.