Treatment for Obesity on NHS

Ther is probably quite a few sports persons eat fruit...as long as fish etc are fruits de mare ;)

There are probably a fair few who won't turn their nose up at a lamb bhuna either. I wonder if I could find a YouTube vid of someone svelt who only lives on curry?

half off the Holy Men of India probably have a spoonful occasionally and they never seem overly fat.

It seems that some people get a bit carried away with some ideas that probably aint all that good for you in excess.

Everything In Moderation always been my guide to eating right and it seems to work ofk for me ;)

As I am nearly 80 years old I would like to share my diet details and I hope I do not bore you. Breakfast: Porridge with honey and mixed in smoothie orange, boiled egg with wholemeal toast and a bit of low fat butter. Dinner: 2 slices of wholemeal toast, a bit of low fat butter with cottage cheese and beetroot. Tea: Microwaved potatoes and carrots. Boiled fish. I drink boiled filtered water. I do not drink tea or coffee but I have a weakness for hot chocolate drinks. I do not drink alcohol and I have never smoked. The diet for me is not boring and I feel fit. Surely young people can study nutrition to help them on the right path and with will power they can achieve the right weight. I can say I've had many years of experience. Sorry for the waffle! Also, I take a multi-vitamin tablet every day (just a bit of insurance).

As I am nearly 80 years old I would like to share my diet details and I hope I do not bore you. Breakfast: Porridge with honey and mixed in smoothie orange, boiled egg with wholemeal toast and a bit of low fat butter. Dinner: 2 slices of wholemeal toast, a bit of low fat butter with cottage cheese and beetroot. Tea: Microwaved potatoes and carrots. Boiled fish. I drink boiled filtered water. I do not drink tea or coffee but I have a weakness for hot chocolate drinks. I do not drink alcohol and I have never smoked. The diet for me is not boring and I feel fit. Surely young people can study nutrition to help them on the right path and with will power they can achieve the right weight. I can say I've had many years of experience. Sorry for the waffle!

Sounds good dude :) if it works for you then fantastic.

I'm posting to try and help obese and chronically ill people for who dysfunctional eating has become habitual.

Your diet sounds great, for you. But I notice you mentioned the need for willpower at the end. Obese chronically ill dysfunctional eaters tend to be well past the stage they're ever going to be able to use willpower.

Hence why so many have had spectacular results with the fruit based low fat 'eat as many unprocessed carbs as you want' approach.

You sound like a reasonable bloke- having presented your anecdotal example of a good diet that works (for you), are you prepared to watch the first minute of Freelees video, and see what 7.5 years of a fruit based low fat 'eat as many unprocessed carbs as you want' approach has done for her.

Then maybe post back here with your thoughts, so those adamantly refusing to watch it can get some objective feedback?

Sounds good dude :) if it works for you then fantastic.

I'm posting to try and help obese and chronically ill people for who dysfunctional eating has become habitual.

Your diet sounds great, for you. But I notice you mentioned the need for willpower at the end. Obese chronically ill dysfunctional eaters tend to be well past the stage they're ever going to be able to use willpower.

Hence why so many have had spectacular results with the fruit based low fat 'eat as many unprocessed carbs as you want' approach.

You sound like a reasonable bloke- having presented your anecdotal example of a good diet that works (for you), are you prepared to watch the first minute of Freelees video, and see what 7.5 years of a fruit based low fat 'eat as many unprocessed carbs as you want' approach has done for her.

Then maybe post back here with your thoughts, so those adamantly refusing to watch it can get some objective feedback?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've checked the video. I agree regarding carbs, but for a lifetime you need proteins such as eggs, meat, fish and milk.( I didn't see these mentioned).

Shortfall could mean trouble. Protein is important to many physiological functions, from building muscle and bone to keeping cells in good working order......ps. The lady in the video could have burnt those carbohydrates through lots and lots of exercise to lose weight. Just a thought!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've checked the video. I agree regarding carbs, but for a lifetime you need proteins such as eggs, meat, fish and milk.( I didn't see these mentioned).

Shortfall could mean trouble. Protein is important to many physiological functions, from building muscle and bone to keeping cells in good working order......ps. The lady in the video could have burnt those carbohydrates through lots and lots of exercise to lose weight. Just a thought!

Thanks for watching the video.

Fruitarians know that they get sufficient amino acids from fruit/plant sources to more than cover their bodies protein requirements.

You'll have noticed from the video that freelee is not just superlean, she also looks extremely healthy, vibrant and full of energy. She's been on this lifestyle now for 7.5 years, so clearly any protein deficiencies have yet to kick in :)

She also publicly displays her blood test results (as does Durianrider) and they are always perfect.

As I understand it, their are no documented instances of a case of protein deficiency anywhere, ever (I'm not talking about examples of starving people here- any issues in those cases would clearly be more likely down to gross deficiency of calories and vitamins)- if you could dig one up I'd definitly be interested.

The one thing lacking in a fruitarian diet is B12 (there are no plant sources). Fortunately, it is easy to supplement B12, and, it's a very safe vitamin to take and almost impossible to overdo it.

Thanks for watching the video.

Fruitarians know that they get sufficient amino acids from fruit/plant sources to more than cover their bodies protein requirements.

You'll have noticed from the video that freelee is not just superlean, she also looks extremely healthy, vibrant and full of energy. She's been on this lifestyle now for 7.5 years, so clearly any protein deficiencies have yet to kick in :)

She also publicly displays her blood test results (as does Durianrider) and they are always perfect.

As I understand it, their are no documented instances of a case of protein deficiency anywhere, ever (I'm not talking about examples of starving people here- any issues in those cases would clearly be more likely down to gross deficiency of calories and vitamins)- if you could dig one up I'd definitly be interested.

The one thing lacking in a fruitarian diet is B12 (there are no plant sources). Fortunately, it is easy to supplement B12, and, it's a very safe vitamin to take and almost impossible to overdo it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your information. I found this little tit bit. Interested?

"The general consensus about the fruitarian diet seems to be a “no, don’t do it”. While eating enough fruit daily should definitely be part of your diet, a diet comprised solely of fruit can end up doing more harm than good.

Dietitians around the world strongly assert that you cannot get all the nutrients your body needs if you adopt a fruit based diet permanently.

If you’re considering a fruitarian diet because you think it might help you to lose weight, I would strongly advise you to speak to a health care professional first. Extreme dieting is never a good idea."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your information. I found this little tit bit. Interested?

"The general consensus about the fruitarian diet seems to be a “no, don’t do it”. While eating enough fruit daily should definitely be part of your diet, a diet comprised solely of fruit can end up doing more harm than good.

Dietitians around the world strongly assert that you cannot get all the nutrients your body needs if you adopt a fruit based diet permanently.

If you’re considering a fruitarian diet because you think it might help you to lose weight, I would strongly advise you to speak to a health care professional first. Extreme dieting is never a good idea."

I think I've made it very clear that I don't care what dietitians say- I've heard too much utter rubbish from too many of them.

I don't think there's a single 'dietary fact' put forth by a qualified dietician, that another, equally qualified dietician doesn't assert the exact opposite of. Clearly, from that, it's a straightforward conclusion that possession of dietary qualifications in no way means he/she knows what they're talking about.

Also, as Durianrider is fond of pointing out, many a lecture on weight loss is given by a dietician who is them self overweight :)

Whereas the fruitarianism I'm talking about (i.e. high carb, low fat- a lot of the time these dietary experts are talking about the old style fruitarianism which frequently involved lots of fats, in the form of large amounts of nuts and advocados) has many long term fruitarians posting videos over many years showing excellent results.

We're swayed by documented actual 'results', not the theories of 'experts'.

You're welcome to listen to them. Me, I'm into succeeding, so I'll listen to those who are doing so, try their recommendations, and decide myself from the results I get.

Archived