Treatment for Obesity on NHS

And evangelise it to anyone who'll listen, don't forget that.

I'll certainly inform, inspire and educate anyone who's genuinely interested in losing excess weight and improving their health, yes.

Having watched so many of my relatives die horribly from chronic diseases, obesity and medical treatments, and, having been so incredibly fortunate that others who knew the ways to minimise that happening to me, were similarly passionate about informing, inspiring and educating: it's only natural that I, in turn, pass on the information that can save others.

Cyclone, you clearly think I'm talking rubbish, or am deluded.

In contrast, I'm utterly convinced about this lifestyle. I know for certain that anyone who adopts it and sticks to it will achieve a lean bodyweight, and, I'm now 98% certain that it promotes optimal health as well (I'll be having extensive blood tests in the near future, and am looking forward to seeing what over six months on this lifestyle does for those).

It would be perverse of me to, when advising others, put forward your opinions, rather than my own, wouldn't it?

I'll certainly inform, inspire and educate anyone who's genuinely interested in losing excess weight and improving their health, yes.

Having watched so many of my relatives die horribly from chronic diseases, obesity and medical treatments, and, having been so incredibly fortunate that others who knew the ways to minimise that happening to me, were similarly passionate about informing, inspiring and educating: it's only natural that I, in turn, pass on the information that can save others.

Cyclone, you clearly think I'm talking rubbish, or am deluded.

In contrast, I'm utterly convinced about this lifestyle. I know for certain that anyone who adopts it and sticks to it will achieve a lean bodyweight, and, I'm now 98% certain that it promotes optimal health as well (I'll be having extensive blood tests in the near future, and am looking forward to seeing what over six months on this lifestyle does for those).

It would be perverse of me to, when advising others, put forward your opinions, rather than my own, wouldn't it?

It's not that you wish to share that is the problem, it's that you rubbish the scientific approach to studying diet and nutrition, you happily accept anecdote so long as it aligns with your existing believes, you keep suggesting that your diet is a cure, implying that others aren't and generally dismissing any other approach to healthy eating that isn't fruitarian.

That's what I mean by evangelising.

The Fruitarian idea of only eating those parts of a plant that does no damage to the plant when removed makes it sounds something quasi-religious and cultlike to me.

You've misunderstood if you think that's what I, or any of the people I've referenced here, promote.

I concluded around a decade back that fruitarianism was an eating disorder and gave up on it.

The neo-fruitarinism I've been promoting here has major differences-

1. it's nothing to do with eating fruits cos they do no damage to the plant (see point 2 for proof)

2. they don't eat just fruits- most 80-10-10 fruitarians the importance of eating regular vegetables as well (as well as small amounts of nuts and, in some cases, cooked carbs)

3. it's a low-fat lifestyle: many old style fruitarians failed, or got ill, because they consumed high levels of fat, by over eating nuts and advocados etc

4. they recognise the importance of, as freelee puts it 'hammering the carbs in' i.e. consuming vast amounts of carbs/plant foods.

One of the most challenging things about subsisting on fruits, is getting sufficient calories in to sustain a lean bodyweight- if you don't get the calories, you will likely break the diet and binge on the processed rubbish you were previously eating (most attempting this lifestyle come from a background of binge eating and dysfunctional eating habits).

In addition, if you're not getting sufficient calories, you'll likely not be getting enough vitamins/minerals.

Assuming you need 3000 calories to sustain your weight/health, and, for simplicity, putting it terms of bananas (we eat a variety of foods, that's just to simplify the calculation) you'd need to eat 30 in a day.

30 bananas in a day may not sound difficult, and, for people who've been on this lifestyle, it isn't (my maximum was 27 in one day), but, if you're used to a standard high calorie density diet of processed foods, it's unlikely you could consume that volume of fruit in one day.

Hopefully that addresses your concern.

---------- Post added 18-07-2014 at 11:33 ----------

It's not that you wish to share that is the problem, it's that you rubbish the scientific approach to studying diet and nutrition, you happily accept anecdote so long as it aligns with your existing believes, you keep suggesting that your diet is a cure, implying that others aren't and generally dismissing any other approach to healthy eating that isn't fruitarian.

That's what I mean by evangelising.

Like I said before, and made very clear, I have given up on getting nutritional info from scientific studies, as I've seen numerous instances of corruption and bed methodology. I've also noticed how orthodox nutritional advice based on them has been extremely counter productive (e.g. how hundreds of thousands died as a direct result of following medical advice to switch to margarine, with, in those days, were laced with transfats, which have now be proven to be deadly).

I've personally watched numerous relatives become chronically ill and die horribly under the medical system.

So yes, I do rubbish that approach- I've got reasons for it: you in turn rubbish those reasons.

But, like I said in my last post to you, my beliefs are, to me, based on solid reason- it would be twisted if I advised others according to your beliefs.

As for the 'anecdotal' evidence that you rubbish: I'm sorry, when I watch other people succeeding in escaping their obesity and chronic health conditions and documenting that over years and years on youtube videos, I'm going to take notice.

When I switch to that diet and, over six months, go from being fat (13 stone) and ill, to being optimally lead at 11 stone and feel better than I have for decades, on a lifestyle of abundance that involves zero hunger, then I'm going to take notice.

you keep suggesting that your diet is a cure, implying that others aren't and generally dismissing any other approach to healthy eating that isn't fruitarian.

That's just annoying dude- through this I've specifically mentioned at least 3 other diets that are not fruitarian that I believe are good:-

1. plant strong diet

2. high carb low fat veganism

3. Mcdougals cooked starches approach

any of those seem to consistently leave people lean and healthy (though I've not tried them personally) and both freelee and durianrider recommend them for those for whom the full 80-10-10 fruitarianism approach is not feasable (e.g. due to not being able to get sufficient ripe fruit, or full time jobs, or family commitments etc).

IMO (and theirs) fruit is best, and it is that diet that seems to produce not just leanness and health, but, optimal leaness and super health and vitality (hence why there are high level competitive athletes subsisting almost entirely on fruit). But, any of the above alternatives is a good back up strategy.

So, no, your claim that I promote only fruitarianism is wrong.

I would love to see a photo of all the people commenting on this. I could almost guarantee you are all overweight.

I wouldn't be surprised :)

On a previous thread I did ask a couple of the commenters to state their height and weight- they didn't.

It is an issue- this is why I quickly adopted Durianriders stance on results vs qualifications: he noted that many lectures on weight loss/health techniques were being given by professional nutritionists who were fat, and, looked unwell. Bizzarely, the audience stood there listening, rather than walking out and demanding their money back.

A very similar thing with NHS and quitting smoking- when I successfully quit using Allan Carrs method, I made a point of visiting the NHS smoking advice stalls that pop up at events. Not one of the stallholders had ever heard of him, which is really sad, but, that's not the point I'm making.

When I asked them if they'd ever smoked and if so, how they'd quit, they basically refused to tell me. I got the distinct impression that some of them where still addicted smokers. Apparently the NHS policy both allowed addicted smokers to man the stalls, and, required them to not state whether they smoked or not.

I would love to see a photo of all the people commenting on this. I could almost guarantee you are all overweight.

I'll send you a selfie after I've been dug up. You see, my solution is to adopt the practices of an "adept Swami." I get a friend to sew me up in a large sack (no "kinks" involved) and bury me in my back garden- for a month.

It works a treat. No fad diets or the like.

My height is 1.53m and I weigh 30kg. Of course I'm telling the truth.Ting-a -ling.

I think I've made it very clear that I don't care what dietitians say- I've heard too much utter rubbish from too many of them.

I don't think there's a single 'dietary fact' put forth by a qualified dietician,

Whereas the fruitarianism I'm talking about (i.e. high carb, low fat- a lot of the time these dietary experts are talking about the old style fruitarianism which frequently involved lots of fats, in the form of large amounts of nuts and advocados) has many long term fruitarians posting videos over many years showing excellent results.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In WW2 we found a way to lose weight. We were rationed and WE DID NOT EAT MUCH FRUIT. We indulged in many sports. TV was unknown. I didn't know of any obese people then.

In WW2 we found a way to lose weight. We were rationed and WE DID NOT EAT MUCH FRUIT. We indulged in many sports. TV was unknown. I didn't know of any obese people then.

Didn't have much choice did you :)

Fruit was very hard to come by in the war. Then again, so was meat, and chocolate. In addition, the highly processed mush passed off as 'food' in the supermarkets these days, just didn't exist back then.

No wonder obesity was low (not zero, but low).

The average diet back then consisted primarily of cooked starches, grains, & vegetables, with small amounts of animal produce.

It certainly wasn't fruitarianism, but, recall those other diets I mentioned/recommended i.e. plant-strong, cooked starches etc? It was pretty damned close to them.

Archived