Treatment for Obesity on NHS

Forget scientific evidence ect. The main reason this diet won't work for millions is because no one wants to eat nothing but fruit for the rest of their lives!

I can't think of anything more dull than limiting one of the most enjoyable things in life to just fruit?!?

Forget scientific evidence ect. The main reason this diet won't work for millions is because no one wants to eat nothing but fruit for the rest of their lives!

I can't think of anything more dull than limiting one of the most enjoyable things in life to just fruit?!?

No ones suggesting eating nothing but fruit.

Fruitarians/80-10-10ers don't eat nothing but fruit, they get the majority of their daily calories from fruit and unprocessed veg and the rest from, according to the tastes/beliefs of the individual person, small amounts of whatever else they want.

As for processed foods being enjoyable, in large part that's due to them being specifically manufactured to promote cravings/addiction and hence, overeating (by adding salt, sugar, flavour enhancers and fats).

Additionally, the 'enjoyment' of overconsuming processed foods does not come in isolation, bundled in with the deal are the consequences to health i.e. diabetes, heart disease, overweight, obesity, cancer and the whole range of new chronic health conditions which are directly caused by over consumption of processed foods.

I wish you would just stop implying that anyone who doesnt have the same diet as a monkey lives off "processed mush".

I'd hazard a guess that living on a diet based on a variety of sandwiches from a local store is healthier than the Primate Plan you ramble on incessantly about.

I wish you would just stop implying that anyone who doesnt have the same diet as a monkey lives off "processed mush".

I don't.

By 'processed mush' I'm referring to 'food' laced with salt, sugar, added fats and flavour enhancers with the specific intent to make it as habit forming as possible.

Meat based 'foods' containing produce from up to a hundred different animals, some of it literally swept up from the slaughterhouse floor and consisting of parts of the animal that, if the consumer knew what it was, they would probably vomit if they tried to eat it..

'Foods' that even the orthodox medical nutritional system has declared cause diabetes, heart disease, cancer and strokes, if eaten in the quantities that many people now eat them.

---------- Post added 20-07-2014 at 18:28 ----------

I'd hazard a guess that living on a diet based on a variety of sandwiches from a local store is healthier than the Primate Plan you ramble on incessantly about.

I don't recommend eating like a monkey dude, as you'd know if you actualy read the content of my posts- I recommend any low fat high carb diet based primarily on unprocessed plant sources (as do many doctors).

For maximum results, yes, IMO, fruit is best, but, as I've repeatedly said, not practical for everyone (most people have full time jobs and families and subsisting primarily off fruit is simply not practical for them unless they are very committed).

For sheer health alone, any low fat, high carb diet of unprocessed plant derived foods is fine. Straightforward to implement, plenty of variety etc, etc.

How about you state what you consider to be an optimal diet, cos you haven't done that yet.

Bear in mind that describing it soley in terms like 'healthy', 'varied', 'balanced' is pretty meaningless as those terms can mean anything.

I don't.

By 'processed mush' I'm referring to 'food' laced with salt, sugar, added fats and flavour enhancers with the specific intent to make it as habit forming as possible.

Meat based 'foods' containing produce from up to a hundred different animals, some of it literally swept up from the slaughterhouse floor and consisting of parts of the animal that, if the consumer knew what it was, they would probably vomit if they tried to eat it..

'Foods' that even the orthodox medical nutritional system has declared cause diabetes, heart disease, cancer and strokes, if eaten in the quantities that many people now eat them.

---------- Post added 20-07-2014 at 18:28 ----------

I don't recommend eating like a monkey dude, as you'd know if you actualy read the content of my posts- I recommend any low fat high carb diet based primarily on unprocessed plant sources (as do many doctors).

For maximum results, yes, IMO, fruit is best, but, as I've repeatedly said, not practical for everyone (most people have full time jobs and families and subsisting primarily off fruit is simply not practical for them unless they are very committed).

For sheer health alone, any low fat, high carb diet of unprocessed plant derived foods is fine. Straightforward to implement, plenty of variety etc, etc.

How about you state what you consider to be an optimal diet, cos you haven't done that yet.

Bear in mind that describing it soley in terms like 'healthy', 'varied', 'balanced' is pretty meaningless as those terms can mean anything.

Of course balanced isn't meaningless. It depends on the level of exercise - andy murrey puts 6000 calories a day and Olympic swimmers put away even more. I've not changed my diet massively but my exercise levels are way high so weights coming off. I'm positively svelt!

Never said it was dude- I was clearly talking about highly processed meat based 'foods'.

Everyone else thinks you keep implying it.

Perhaps it's an issue with the use of language that you should at least consider?

Everyone else thinks you keep implying it.

Perhaps it's an issue with the use of language that you should at least consider?

Who else??

So you think it's an issue with my use of language? Here's what I said-

I don't.

To which your response was-

Gah - meat products do not only include highly processed meat. Eating a quantity of red and white meat, in relatively unprocessed forms is not bad for you!

Now, if you think that-

was referring to anything but very highly processed meat derivatives, then I'm totally perplexed as to how more obvious I could have made it.

---------- Post added 20-07-2014 at 21:47 ----------

Of course balanced isn't meaningless. It depends on the level of exercise - andy murrey puts 6000 calories a day and Olympic swimmers put away even more. I've not changed my diet massively but my exercise levels are way high so weights coming off. I'm positively svelt!

What contest are you using 'balanced' in here? I wasn't saying the word 'balanced' is inherently meaningless- it isn't.

But in the context of diet, if used as in-

'a healthy diet is a diet that is balanced' it's pretty useless, in that it doesn't actually convey to anyone what they should be eating.

Of course athletes, or anyone doing large amounts of exercise require high calorie intake. The fruitarian I've referenced i.e. Durianrider, estimates he eats up to 7,000 calories when doing lots of cycling training.

Archived