Treatment for Obesity on NHS

7000 calories per day eating bananas?

OK

Thats only about 80* of the things a day then...when, between eating em and getting rid of them, does he make time to have even a short a cycle ride? :o

* That is 5 per every waking hour, assuming he sleeps 8 hours a night.

No ones suggesting eating nothing but fruit.

Fruitarians/80-10-10ers don't eat nothing but fruit, they get the majority of their daily calories from fruit and unprocessed veg and the rest from, according to the tastes/beliefs of the individual person, small amounts of whatever else they want.

As for processed foods being enjoyable, in large part that's due to them being specifically manufactured to promote cravings/addiction and hence, overeating (by adding salt, sugar, flavour enhancers and fats).

Additionally, the 'enjoyment' of overconsuming processed foods does not come in isolation, bundled in with the deal are the consequences to health i.e. diabetes, heart disease, overweight, obesity, cancer and the whole range of new chronic health conditions which are directly caused by over consumption of processed foods.

Who mentioned process foods??

Indeed you did say this

Meat based 'foods' containing produce from up to a hundred different animals, some of it literally swept up from the slaughterhouse floor and consisting of parts of the animal that, if the consumer knew what it was, they would probably vomit if they tried to eat it..

But why?

---------- Post added 21-07-2014 at 07:25 ----------

I wish you would just stop implying that anyone who doesnt have the same diet as a monkey lives off "processed mush".

In response to someone else who thought you'd made the implication that I keep seeing as well.

Look, this is where it starts.

Very few people know the real consequences of eating the processed filth sold in supermarkets and passed off as 'food'.

You've just characterised all food sold by supermarkets as processed filth.

Luckily, some do, and are living by example and showing the results of consuming diets consisting of consuming primarily plant based real foods by putting out videos on youtube etc.

And you'd suggested that the only people who realise this are eat mostly plant based diets (similar to or the same as the one you prefer).

" the highly processed mush passed off as 'food' in the supermarkets these days"

To onewheeldave----------------------------------------------------------------------------------I buy from the supermarket five portions of frozen fish for £1.68. For a meal I boil one portion and then rinse it in cold water. As fish is a good source of protein, would you eat a portion cooked like this? If not, can you let me know why not?

Archived