Treatment for Obesity on NHS

Never said it was. Supermarkets do stock lots of 'processed filth'. They also sell fruit and veg- like I said earlier, I get my bananas (I eat 10-20 a day) from Tescos.

You really need to be careful eating that amount of bananas, the potassium in the bananas may give you a cardiac arrhythmia, or worse. Read up on hyperkalemia if you don't believe me, then read up on how much of your daily recommended potassium is in an individual banana.

This is a problem of not eating a balanced diet, invariably it ends up doing more harm than good.

I buy from the supermarket five portions of frozen fish for £1.68. For a meal I boil one portion and then rinse it in cold water. As fish is a good source of protein, would you eat a portion cooked like this? If not, can you let me know why not?

If I wanted to eat fish, that'd be a good way to cook it.

Certainly much better than buying the processed breaded/battered stuff.

Personally, I keep fish to a bare minimum, and, I'm in no need of extra protein as I get all the amino acids I need from unprocessed fruit/veg and the other stuff I eat.

Never said it was. Supermarkets do stock lots of 'processed filth'. They also sell fruit and veg- like I said earlier, I get my bananas (I eat 10-20 a day) from Tescos.

But you did imply it.

Very few people know the real consequences of eating the processed filth sold in supermarkets and passed off as 'food'.

That doesn't qualify that in your opinion only some of what they sell is "filth".

You really need to be careful eating that amount of bananas, the potassium in the bananas may give you a cardiac arrhythmia, or worse. Read up on hyperkalemia if you don't believe me, then read up on how much of your daily recommended potassium is in an individual banana.

This is a problem of not eating a balanced diet, invariably it ends up doing more harm than good.

Potassium's a water soluble vitamin dude- any excess is shed through urination.

Plenty of long term 80-10-10er's/fruitarians been eating more bananas than me for way longer who are in excellent condition.

Just had my bloods done today- results should be in by next week: if you fancy a wager then just do a quick estimate of how much you reckon my blood potassium levels will be over by, and post it here. I'm betting my potassium won't be higher than the standard levels considered normal.

Potassium's a water soluble vitamin dude- any excess is shed through urination.

Plenty of long term 80-10-10er's/fruitarians been eating more bananas than me for way longer who are in excellent condition.

Just had my bloods done today- results should be in by next week: if you fancy a wager then just do a quick estimate of how much you reckon my blood potassium levels will be over by, and post it here. I'm betting my potassium won't be higher than the standard levels considered normal.

So you believe that if you over consume potassium, your body will just pass out the excess straight from your stomach?

The potassium will enter your blood stream, potentially cause hyperkalemia, your body then will try to get rid of the excess potassium by excreting it in your urine. The chances of your body doing this before you suffer the effects of hyperkalemia is diminished with the more potassium that you consume.

So you are right you body will shed any excess via your urine output, in fact the one of the treatments given to people with hyperkalemia is to give them a diuretic to speed up the process, but it can only do this after the potassium has entered your blood steam and started to cause problems.

So you believe that if you over consume potassium, your body will just pass out the excess straight from your stomach?

The potassium will enter your blood stream, potentially cause hyperkalemia, your body then will try to get rid of the excess potassium by excreting it in your urine. The chances of your body doing this before you suffer the effects of hyperkalemia is diminished with the more potassium that you consume.

So you are right you body will shed any excess via your urine output, in fact the one of the treatments given to people with hyperkalemia is to give them a diuretic to speed up the process, but it can only do this after the potassium has entered your blood steam and started to cause problems.

So it'll show up in my blood results right?

So it'll show up in my blood results right?

If they are testing for potassium.

Humour me, what do you think will happen to the potassium once it enters your body and how do you think your body will get rid of it? Also have you read up on hyperkalemia?

Do you sometime feel anxious and agitated for no reason, because it may well be that you are suffering from a cardiac arrhythmia?

If they are testing for potassium.

Oh, they are :)

(explaining to the GP that I'd eaten over 2,500 bananas over the past six months pretty much guaranteed that)

Along with lipids and pretty much anything else I could get them to test.

Apparently the lab may refuse to test for homocysteine, as it's not a 'standard request', but, when I explained to the GP why I wanted it done, he agreed the reasons were good and said he'd urge the lab to test for it.

I do take this seriously- knowing that many other 80-10-10ers and low fat fruitarians eating this way for years are not only thriving, but, in some cases, also excelling athletically is very reassuring and inspires confidence, but, at the end of the day, it's all in the blood tests.

Like I said before, I lost all faith in the medical nutritional system to deliver the info I need, so I figured I'd join the others and do a experiment on myself to see what results.

I know it'll be dismissed as 'anecdotal' evidence, but, hey-ho, it's good enough, in conjunction with all the other (well documented) anecdotes from 80-10-10ers doing to same, for me.

---------- Post added 21-07-2014 at 13:58 ----------

Humour me, what do you think will happen to the potassium once it enters your body and how do you think your body will get rid of it? Also have you read up on hyperkalemia?

My body will deal with it?

Yes, I've read up on hyperkalemia.

---------- Post added 21-07-2014 at 14:03 ----------

Do you sometime feel anxious and agitated for no reason, because it may well be that you are suffering from a cardiac arrhythmia?

I've had occasional mild arrhythmia for over a decade. Since switching to the fruit diet it's been way less frequent actually.

But, losing 2 stone to get to a lean 11 stone, being able to walk and breathe with my mouth shut and basically seeming much healthier in pretty much every way, could well have helped with the mild arrhythmai.

I don't post in this troll-fest forum for fun dude- I'm just so very happy with the results I've achieved switching to a fruit based diet, that I want to join all the other low fat fruitarians in getting the info out to those who really need it- the hopelessly obese and chronically ill.

Oh, they are :)

(explaining to the GP that I'd eaten over 2,500 bananas over the past six months pretty much guaranteed that)

Along with lipids and pretty much anything else I could get them to test.

Apparently the lab may refuse to test for homocysteine, as it's not a 'standard request', but, when I explained to the GP why I wanted it done, he agreed the reasons were good and said he'd urge the lab to test for it.

I do take this seriously- knowing that many other 80-10-10ers and low fat fruitarians eating this way for years are not only thriving, but, in some cases, also excelling athletically is very reassuring and inspires confidence, but, at the end of the day, it's all in the blood tests.

Like I said before, I lost all faith in the medical nutritional system to deliver the info I need, so I figured I'd join the others and do a experiment on myself to see what results.

I know it'll be dismissed as 'anecdotal' evidence, but, hey-ho, it's good enough, in conjunction with all the other (well documented) anecdotes from 80-10-10ers doing to same, for me.

---------- Post added 21-07-2014 at 13:58 ----------

My body will deal with it?

Yes, I've read up on hyperkalemia.

---------- Post added 21-07-2014 at 14:03 ----------

I've had occasional mild arrhythmia for over a decade. Since switching to the fruit diet it's been way less frequent actually.

But, losing 2 stone to get to a lean 11 stone, being able to walk and breathe with my mouth shut and basically seeming much healthier in pretty much every way, could well have helped with the mild arrhythmai.

I don't post in this troll-fest forum for fun dude- I'm just so very happy with the results I've achieved switching to a fruit based diet, that I want to join all the other low fat fruitarians in getting the info out to those who really need it- the hopelessly obese and chronically ill.

Ok, I'll not hassle you any more on the banana issue apart from saying that hyperkalemia does cause serious problems to your health leading up cardiac arrest or needing even kidney dialysis.

Eating 20 bananas a day to may well be too high, maybe 10 or 15 maximum may be be more appropriate, with perhaps balancing your diet with other non processed healthy foods.

Archived