Treatment for Obesity on NHS

Because the fruit/plant based lifestyle I'm talking about involves no hunger, as previously explained.

And, because I've succeeded on it, as have many others, who previously failed on conventional diets that do require willpower and enduring hunger.

It's overly simplistic and just plain wrong to suggest that people eat the wrong foods out of hunger.

Because the fruit/plant based lifestyle I'm talking about involves no hunger, as previously explained.

And, because I've succeeded on it, as have many others, who previously failed on conventional diets that do require willpower and enduring hunger.

What are you saying? There's no will power needed because the diet doesn't leave you feeling hungry.....ever?

There's certain times (hangovers for example), where fruit is the last thing on my mind when I'm hungry.

I couldn't eat fruit and veg for my evening meal! After a week on that diet, even a McDonald's would look tempting!

I would need a hell of a lot of will power to go on this fad diet.

I don't object to that. I do object to the false dichotomy between junk food/fruitarian that you keep alluding to.

I don't understand this 'false dichotomy between junk food/fruitarian' you keep accusing me of.

I'm aspergic- maybe if you rephrase it I'll have some idea of what you're trying to say, and I'll be able to comment on it.

---------- Post added 15-07-2014 at 21:50 ----------

It's overly simplistic and just plain wrong to suggest that people eat the wrong foods out of hunger.

I've not suggested that. IMO, people eat the wrong foods out of ignorance- they just don't know that a low fat high carb fruit/plant based lifestyle cures obesity and chronic health conditions.

I mention hunger only in connection with the fact that some people, including me, can't/won't/don't stick to any way of eating that involves being hungry- for me/them the benefit of a low fat high carb fruit/plant based lifestyle is that it doesn't involve hunger.

---------- Post added 15-07-2014 at 21:57 ----------

What are you saying? There's no will power needed because the diet doesn't leave you feeling hungry.....ever?

Yes. If you get hungry you're doing it wrong- just eat more fruit.

W

There's certain times (hangovers for example), where fruit is the last thing on my mind when I'm hungry.

I couldn't eat fruit and veg for my evening meal! After a week on that diet, even a McDonald's would look tempting!

I would need a hell of a lot of will power to go on this fad diet.

Why are you telling me this? If you've got a hangover problem, go to AA and deal with it.

If you don't want to eat fruit, don't eat it.

I'm posting here for obese/ill people who want to help themselves get better.

It is actually. I spent 10 years trying to quit smoking, then succeeded 14 years ago using the 'allan carr method', which despite requiring no willpower and avoiding the cravings common to other methods, and, which has enabled hundreds of thousands to escape smoking, has, like the diet stuff, received no support from the medical profession which seems to regard it with contempt.

The medical profession, in contrast, threw its weight and recommendatory power behind various pharmacutical products like nicotine patches and gums i.e. ones with a profit actuality that allan carrs method lacked.

---------- Post added 14-07-2014 at 18:28 ----------

Basically, obese people do a 6 month juice diet and cease to be obese i.e. the weight goes away.

Then, at their choice, they can start stuffing themselves with the same processed crap that got them in that state in the first place, or, move onto one of the many plant based unprocessed low fat lifelong diets, and remain lean and healthy.

It's not something I'm going to quibble about as it's been done. It's fact. The documentary 'fat, sick and nearly dead' follows 2 men who do it- it's available to watch free on youtube, Why don't you watch it, then come back and offer your thoughts?

10 years to quit smoking? How hard were you trying? I cracked that in a month, when, interestingly enough I was wayyyyy thinner. I struggle with my weight but I've lost about half a stone so onwards and upwards. That said I'm not sure why there is this race to live into your 80s and 90s. Half of people over 85 have some form of dementia and over 90 it's 2 out of 3, and there is no cure (and a feeble attempt to cure it based on the level of funding it gets).

I don't understand this 'false dichotomy between junk food/fruitarian' you keep accusing me of.

I'm aspergic- maybe if you rephrase it I'll have some idea of what you're trying to say, and I'll be able to comment on it.

---------- Post added 15-07-2014 at 21:50 ----------

I've not suggested that. IMO, people eat the wrong foods out of ignorance- they just don't know that a low fat high carb fruit/plant based lifestyle cures obesity and chronic health conditions.

I mention hunger only in connection with the fact that some people, including me, can't/won't/don't stick to any way of eating that involves being hungry- for me/them the benefit of a low fat high carb fruit/plant based lifestyle is that it doesn't involve hunger.

---------- Post added 15-07-2014 at 21:57 ----------

Yes. If you get hungry you're doing it wrong- just eat more fruit.

Why are you telling me this? If you've got a hangover problem, go to AA and deal with it.

If you don't want to eat fruit, don't eat it.

I'm posting here for obese/ill people who want to help themselves get better.

Your claiming to have found a cure for obesity, one that requires no willpower and one where you're never hungry.

All you've done is suggest you eat fruit 24/7, and eat more if you get hungry?!?!

That's not a cure, it's a fad diet! A fad diet that requires a lot of will power! You're talking about an instant change of lifestyle.

There's already a cure for obesity, it simply involves eating less.

---------- Post added 16-07-2014 at 07:29 ----------

No.

Very few people know the real consequences of eating the processed filth sold in supermarkets and passed off as 'food'.

Luckily, some do, and are living by example and showing the results of consuming diets consisting of consuming primarily plant based real foods by putting out videos on youtube etc.

This is the false dichotomy.

As if there are only two options, eat "filth" or fruitarian, as if there are no other options.

There's already a cure for obesity, it simply involves eating less.

---------- Post added 16-07-2014 at 07:29 ----------

This is the false dichotomy.

As if there are only two options, eat "filth" or fruitarian, as if there are no other options.

We all know it's about eating less, but you also know it's not that easy for some. Otherwise we wouldn't have this problem in the first place.

10 years to quit smoking? How hard were you trying? I cracked that in a month, when, interestingly enough I was wayyyyy thinner. I struggle with my weight but I've lost about half a stone so onwards and upwards. That said I'm not sure why there is this race to live into your 80s and 90s. Half of people over 85 have some form of dementia and over 90 it's 2 out of 3, and there is no cure (and a feeble attempt to cure it based on the level of funding it gets).

I agree. We're not doing this for longevity, we're doing it for quality of life. Every aspect of my life, physical, mental and emotional; every instant of my daily experience, is vastly improved and enhanced now I'm lean & healthy.

Many other long term fruitarians/80-10-10ers report the same thing.

I do believe though, that much of our dementia problems are a direct result of overconsumption of processed 'foods'.

Archived