Where to watch the finals if you're German?

p_stephan

Hi there,

I am a student from Germany, currently enrolled in a student exchange program.

Long story short: For some reason we ended up in the finals and you know, when you are in the finals you don't want to watch it in your house on the telly.

Therefor I'd like to ask, where I could watch the match and get the best experience? In other words, at what place would I find lots ot my fellow countrymen and / or German supporters?

Thank you very much

Hi there,

I am a student from Germany, currently enrolled in a student exchange program.

Long story short: For some reason we ended up in the finals and you know, when you are in the finals you don't want to watch it in your house on the telly.

Therefor I'd like to ask, where I could watch the match and get the best experience? In other words, at what place would I find lots ot my fellow countrymen and / or German supporters?

Thank you very much

Nope,we have no idea what thats like:(

The Royal Standard has a core of German students that come in and watch the games, and we welcome all nationalities anyway :)

We have 8ft big screen and cinema style sound. The address is The Royal Standard, 156 St Mary's Road, Sheffield, S2 4AX. It's near the leadmill and next to pure gym and the bottom of town

You could send an email or 2 to someone at the uni German dept. They should know where germans in Sheff congregate. Maybe they even have an event planned for the final:

http://www.shef.ac.uk/german/staff

Good luck to you by the way you seem to have a proper 'team', Argentina maybe don't in the same way.

---------- Post added 11-07-2014 at 15:58 ----------

Actually at 4pm on a Fri maybe just ring the dept and see who answers the phone.

Dunno about the best place from a German point of view but there is 1 venue in Rotherham which is hosting an evening with Ossie Ardiles for the world cup final tonight!

http://www.rotherhamrugby.co.uk/news/1429/the-world-cup-final-with-ossie-ardiles-at-the-titans/

That sounds a good night out, well worth a fiver I'd say. Ossie's a legend as a player but not brilliant as a public speaker (in English anyway). But well done Rothingham.

Archived