Any pink floyd fans?

sark

By then "hanging on in quite desperation in the English way" - my favourite fragment of a Floyd lyric

From the same song, another great couplet (or two):

Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain.

You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you.

No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.

Longcol,

Was the 'Atom Heart Mother' gig of 71 terrible? I have always had an enormous affection for the album, and still play 'Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast' fairly regularly. The sound of roadie Alan Stiles enjoying his Cornflakes still makes me laugh. 'The Fat Old Sun' is a wonderful track too, and evokes perfectly an English summer early evening. Admittedly, it is an 'experimental' album, and not all the experiments work, but it is still great fun and a marvellous 'period piece' all the same.

As embarrassing as it is for a fan of the Clash and Sex Pistols to admit, I do love the odd bit of Pink Floyd! :o

"Wish You Were Here" and "Dark Side of the Moon" are works of art. Not sure about the other albums..... although "Animals" is worth the occasional listen

StarSparkle

timo

Unfortunately in my opinion it was for a number of reasons.

Firstly they played most of the gig with the house lights up.

The brass section on AHM was badly miked up - virtually inaudible from the balcony.

They had a couple of power cuts - one in "Saucerful of Secrets" just as the last "movement" - the vocal wailing - started.

Lots of people were leaving the gig before it ended to catch the last bus home.

The band looked fairly unhappy with everything and really appeared to be going through the motions - not a patch on their playing in either of the other two gigs.

They did do Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast featuring roadie in a Santa hat, the gig being in December (come to think of it the gig will have been December 1970!)

is anyone else ****** off with on/ off release of the live dvd pulse first it was coming out at xmas now its coming out in october:(

No - I think by the time of "Pulse" the Floyd were a good 20 years past their best and had become more of a glorified tribute band.

Archived