Any pink floyd fans?

sark

....and also my friend Bernie for being present at the 1969 Manchester gig which was partly used for the A side of the double album, 'Ummagumma'.

I'm deeply envious; the live perfomances on Ummagumma are really something else. That performance of 'Careful With That Axe, Eugene', with the slow build up to Roger's haunting screams is sublime, and my favourite version of the song. I also favour the live version of 'Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun', which takes on a much more middle eastern feel than the album version.

My parents are big Floyd fans so I grew up hearing them, but only got into them properly myself at the age of about 16/17 and I've been a huge fan ever since (although, like a lot of others, The Wall doesn't do much for me. I personally prefer their stuff up until - and including - DSOTM).

I saw the Australian Pink Floyd last year and had no idea the Brit Floyd were a break off from the Oz band.

A must see for all Pink Floyd fans...

With an uncompromising ear for detail, The Pink Floyd Dimension reassemble the classic works of the original band in an exciting and truly inspiring live show.

The Pink Floyd Dimension @ O2 Academy 2 Sheffield

Saturday 17th September 2011

Door time: 7.30pm

http://www.o2academysheffield.co.uk/event/24497/the-pink-floyd-dimension-tickets

Dark side is without doubt one of the best albums of all time, thats why it still sells in huge numbers even today. A girl in my village sings with the Aussie Pink Floyd. I've never been a great fan of tribute bands but some of them are so sophisticated these days its hard to tell them apart. A good example are Talon - Eagles tribute, note perfect and nice guys.

Archived