Bin collections possibly moving to 3 weeks

Spain. Or at least some parts of it. 363 days a year with the only days with no collection being Good Friday and Christmas Day.

That'll be why Spain needed a bail out then. Added to which the services provided by Spanish local government and also comparatively miniscule.

Going fortnightly was bad enough, but if it goes to three weeks and we can't cope then i'll fly tip the excess. I'm not putting my kids health at risk for anyone. :rant:

Just don't dump it in Graves Park along with stuff that Sheffield Council has no longer use for !

Spain. Or at least some parts of it. 363 days a year with the only days with no collection being Good Friday and Christmas Day.

Yep, I can vouch for that. My mum has a place in Spain and it's a fantastic service. They have large communal bins (like biffa bins) for each street and the residents take their waste out to the bin, whatever it is (general household waste goes in the bin and then larger waste; boxes, furniture etc goes aside the bin) and they come round daily. It's brill. Plus they pay so much less for their version of council tax, think it's called Suma fee from memory.

Going fortnightly was bad enough, but if it goes to three weeks and we can't cope then i'll fly tip the excess. I'm not putting my kids health at risk for anyone. :rant:

Or you could just try to generate less rubbish rather than dump your crap in the countryside.

jb

Or you could just try to generate less rubbish rather than dump your crap in the countryside.

jb

We certainly wouldn't struggle to have a 3 weekly bin collection tbh - what do folk put in their bins ?:confused:

jb

I've never dumped anything anywhere. I'm usually the one with pockets/bags full of other peoples litter, but there's no way we can simply generate less in a household of six people. We do our best as it is.

Why should i put my children at risk by storing waste in the garden ?

I've never dumped anything anywhere. I'm usually the one with pockets/bags full of other peoples litter, but there's no way we can simply generate less in a household of six people. We do our best as it is.

Why should i put my children at risk by storing waste in the garden ?

Take excess rubbish to the tip ?

Archived