How much has the clubbing 'scene' changed?

slimsid2000

I agree with what most people are sayin here but think people are hittin down too hard on the speed garage scene, i've been into it and goin to niche or whatever they now call it possibly element, for years and i've had far less trouble in there or any other speed garage all nighter than i have had in gc1 or leadmill or anywhere, its just that people go in expectin trouble so make sure they notice every little bit. ok on an average night there you will probabily see a fight but its only cos some little jumped up prick that thinks he's bad goes there to tryin and raise his 'image' starts actin like he owns the place till someone lays him out where as in leadmill or somewhere everyone will just back away scared and wait for a doorman t come drag him away. why? If you just deal with him straight away its gonna stop all the little pricks comin in, and alright there's all these rumours flying around about the doormen being brutal when actually all their doin is the job properly and gettin the person out the club as fast as they can rather than it takin about 4 doormen to chuck someone out who's about 5'8 and weighs about 6 stone wet though.

I agree with what most people are sayin here but think people are hittin down too hard on the speed garage scene, i've been into it and goin to niche or whatever they now call it possibly element, for years and i've had far less trouble in there or any other speed garage all nighter than i have had in gc1 or leadmill or anywhere, its just that people go in expectin trouble so make sure they notice every little bit. ok on an average night there you will probabily see a fight but its only cos some little jumped up prick that thinks he's bad goes there to tryin and raise his 'image' starts actin like he owns the place till someone lays him out where as in leadmill or somewhere everyone will just back away scared and wait for a doorman t come drag him away. why? If you just deal with him straight away its gonna stop all the little pricks comin in, and alright there's all these rumours flying around about the doormen being brutal when actually all their doin is the job properly and gettin the person out the club as fast as they can rather than it takin about 4 doormen to chuck someone out who's about 5'8 and weighs about 6 stone wet though.

i've been clubbing for probably around 10 years now, in all my time at techno, tech house clubs i've seen 2 fights

I can't believe that no-one has mentioned Insomniacz yet! Admittedly hard house did come and go quite quickly, but it was special in late 2000 and early 2001.:

hard house come and gone??? where are you living?? north africa??

buy a mixmag and then tell me hard house is dead!!

I've got a question which seems to fit here. Used to come over from Manchester when I was about 19/20 in 1996/7, and went to amongst others, a big(ish) club which I seem to recall was quite dark, and had a brilliant '80's night, when '80s nights were good. Used to show big pictures of Bros and the like on a screen, full of students - anyone any idea what that place was - I was trying to describe it to a girl I met last week.

I know it's not Roxy's 'coz to my dismay I never got to go there, and I know it's not the leadmill - anyone any ideas??

Went to the leadmill once or twice and 'twas brilliant, glad to see it's still going strong.

I remember Brown St in the early '00s. They were good nights. The only problem is that there was (on occasion) a bit of trouble. My choice of music is Rap / Hip-Hop and RnB, and other good nights out I can remember was at Club Zero (I think it's called Plug now). Po Na Na in 2001-2002 had some great nights. But coupled with that was trouble in there on the odd nights unfortunately.

Haven't been to a club since October 2004, and that was in Republic. Late bars seems the way to go for a lot of people nowadays. That's what I now tend to do now I am in my late twenties. Going to clubs just doesn't excite me anymore.

hard house come and gone??? where are you living?? north africa??

buy a mixmag and then tell me hard house is dead!!

I retired from dance music in summer 2003, so all of my dance music knowledge is over three years out of date. I'm now the stereotypical former crazy raver who now has a career and mortgage.

:)

Archived