Foreign car tax crackdown urged

Blame the UK government for not playing ball with the EU on this one. It begins here, with the UK not wanting to take part in an EU wide agreement to be able to fine foreign cars and actually ensure the bill arrives at the drivers' doorstep - in other words, there is nothing the UK can do about this, because, once again, they don't want to play ball.

Blame the UK government for not playing ball with the EU on this one. It begins here, with the UK not wanting to take part in an EU wide agreement to be able to fine foreign cars and actually ensure the bill arrives at the drivers' doorstep - in other words, there is nothing the UK can do about this, because, once again, they don't want to play ball.

That directives doesn't cover parking fines so it wouldn't have made a difference, the council should just tow the car away and charge a large fee for its release and crush it if it isn't collected.

That directives doesn't cover parking fines so it wouldn't have made a difference, the council should just tow the car away and charge a large fee for its release and crush it if it isn't collected.

I mentioned it BEGINS there, if the government wanted I am sure it could push through an addendum that covers parking fines, non-taxed fines etc. etc. But instead, as usual, Westminster has its head a few yards in the sand when it comes to the EU.

---------- Post added 12-07-2014 at 09:48 ----------

If a car doesn't have a current UK tax disc, just confiscate it, and auction it off with the proceeds going to reduce car tax for law-abiding drivers.

What about tourists?

I mentioned it BEGINS there, if the government wanted I am sure it could push through an addendum that covers parking fines, non-taxed fines etc. etc. But instead, as usual, Westminster has its head a few yards in the sand when it comes to the EU.

What about tourists?

I think the gov can see whats wrong with this if this is the case "If the penalty is not paid, the foreign police force will send repeat notices with increased fines but there is no formal procedure to force payment at the moment":roll:

Just get the police to stop all the foreign registered cars they come across and check they are at least insured !

If its a problem then its not like youre discriminating, just checking all is in order.

If i was in the same situation id expect to be at least asked if spotted.

Id rather our Government did NOT play ball with your beloved faceless suits in Brussels what so ever. The best thing the EU could do for our country is keep their interfering noses out of our business.

---------- Post added 12-07-2014 at 18:45 ----------

What about tourists?

What about them. ?

---------- Post added 12-07-2014 at 18:48 ----------

Just get the police to stop all the foreign registered cars they come across and check they are at least insured !

If its a problem then its not like youre discriminating, just checking all is in order.

If i was in the same situation id expect to be at least asked if spotted.

This is exactly what should happen , but wont because the Leftie`s will play the race card and whinge saying we are discriminating against Jonny Foreigner.

Archived