Using disabled toilets if you are not disabled ?

Is this acceptable.....

I must admit if I go into a public toilet and the disabled toilet is empty and the rest are in use I have used it.

Is this ok? I feel really guilty but imo it is a waste of a toilet that could put to good use :)

do other able bodied people use them if they are free ? or is it just me :suspect:

oh thank god its not just me lol

I feel as though I have commited a crime if I have wee in a disabled toilet :huh:

---------- Post added 12-07-2014 at 23:15 ----------

Its illegal. See

:hihi:..........

I never did, until I became disabled. I have a Radar key now as a lot of toilets are now locked and part of the scheme. It stops everyone using them. The ordinary public toilets are often a disgrace due to the dirty people who use them. Many disabled people are prone to infections, their immune systems don't work and and dirty toilets are a risk. Its sad when everyone doesn't treat facilities with respect. No toilet need be dirty, disabled or otherwise.

I've used them, but not if there are any disabled people queuing to use them behind me.

I did once use one when the ordinary toilets were all in use, nobody was waiting for the disabled toilet so I used it. When I came out there were two disabled people waiting to use it, I felt obliged to put on a limp and hobble away. I don't think I fooled anybody which possibly just added insult to injury, as they say.

I've used them, but not if there are any disabled people queuing to use them behind me.

I did once use one when the ordinary toilets were all in use, nobody was waiting for the disabled toilet so I used it. When I came out there were two disabled people waiting to use it, I felt obliged to put on a limp and hobble away. I don't think I fooled anybody which possibly just added insult to injury, as they say.

Not all disabilities are physical.

Please remember some disabled people have conditions which mean they can't wait in a queue for the toilet, they need to go ASAP. If the whole world and their mother think 'oh it's ok, I can't be bothered waiting so I'll go there', there wouldn't really be any point having disabled toilets.

I needed to use a disabled toilet with my wheelchair bound son at the nec in Birmingham! there was a queue a mile long for the 'normal' toilets and almost as long for disabled! A security guard came out and informed the queue that if they weren't disabled they had no right waiting there as it was priority. Of course, not all disabilities are visible, but every single person in the queue started shouting that they were disabled and giving the poor guard some awful abuse, he was only trying to help! :(

Archived