Using disabled toilets if you are not disabled ?

If my 4 year old daughter needs to go then I will generally use the disabled toilets as i can't take her in the ladies' loos and I don't like taking her in the gents for obvious reasons.

Often when the general toilets are being cleaned you do get told by staff to use the disabled toilets anyway

It should be an absolute last resort though

Yeah I've been thinking of buying a Radar key to open the disabled toilets just because normal people sometimes need to use the toilet too, or like if it's too hot and I want to jump into a pair of shorts, it can be difficult to do that in a normal toilet but the disabled toilets are more roomy.

I never did, until I became disabled. I have a Radar key now as a lot of toilets are now locked and part of the scheme. It stops everyone using them. The ordinary public toilets are often a disgrace due to the dirty people who use them. Many disabled people are prone to infections, their immune systems don't work and and dirty toilets are a risk. Its sad when everyone doesn't treat facilities with respect. No toilet need be dirty, disabled or otherwise.

Well said my radar key was best £3 I spent, only trouble is it's about 4ft long :hihi:

Some people use them but they don't look disabled for instance some people wear a colostomy bag etc and need emptying etc , also conditions which require a fast trip to the loo , i used to look after a child who could hold his bodily functions for long , we had a radar key for toilet use etc , what i am trying to say is just because they aren't in a wheel chair doesn't mean they aren't disabled

Archived