Deregistering from doctor surgery

I don't know if they all do this (ours does) but take something delivered to you at your home address - letter, bill whatever - just in case. Ours won't accept you unless you have something like that which proves you live in their catchment area.

I don't know if they all do this (ours does) but take something delivered to you at your home address - letter, bill whatever - just in case. Ours won't accept you unless you have something like that which proves you live in their catchment area.

What about if I'm not happy with my current doctors but they are closest to me and the one I want to go to is not quite within this so called catchment area

And how is a catchment area determined?

I can only go by ours but they have on their website what's in their boundary. I do know people who live in Woodseats who attend our docs in S11 which doesn't sit within their advertised boundary.

If you have a surgery in mind - check their website and see if where you live is within their boundary or not. Even if not it's still worth asking.

Archived