Please helpppp van making whining (growling noise)

I recently bought a van and just started to hear this whining, it happens wen you put your foot down then wen your about to change gear it like whines (growls) I've spoke to a mechanic guy that I know and he said it could be the gearbox or just a split pipe, however the van drives fine changes gear fine no crunching or anything, any advice would be very great full, just Don't wanna break down thanks in advance.

As promised...

Mine's been diagnosed as clutch release bearing aka new clutch.

Marvelous.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Im guessing your clutch release bearing.

Ta daaa!!!

---------- Post added 14-07-2014 at 14:44 ----------

You can just have the bearing replaced if the clutch plate isnt worn down!

It usually is though to be honest and the difference in cost is negligable if theyve got to do a stripdown to get to it anyway.

Sorry for the bad news.

I recently bought a van and just started to hear this whining, it happens wen you put your foot down then wen your about to change gear it like whines (growls) I've spoke to a mechanic guy that I know and he said it could be the gearbox or just a split pipe, however the van drives fine changes gear fine no crunching or anything, any advice would be very great full, just Don't wanna break down thanks in advance.

i would never ask your mechcanic again if he cant tell the difference between a gear box whine and a pipe leaking

Archived