Question for mechanics!

I guess you all have tool vans visit your garage, from Snap-on to Mac tools and all the independents.

If you had a choice, how often would you like your tool salesmen to call round? Weekly, fortnightly, monthly?

And how do you prefer to pay, cash or card?

Weekly is usually the norm, although it does sometimes depend on if they are owed any monies, in which case some do tend to come less frequently. Also weekly is better because there does tend to be breakages, usually just after the tool man has gone :hihi:

When I was an apprentice the snap on man came round every week, we paid him cash a bit at a time if I remember we had a limit on what your bill went up to so some weeks you would not be able to have any tools but you still had to pay your money to him...I still have most of my tools from all those years ago and most are still as good as new... Gedore and Bedford make were also very good tools as well..

Archived