Retiring to Spain

Can anyone tell me what medical treatments you can/cannot get if you retire to Spain.It tells you on all the government sights what forms you need but then says not all treatments are allowed but does not inform you what these are.If any expat could give some information i would be obliged.

Can anyone tell me what medical treatments you can/cannot get if you retire to Spain.It tells you on all the government sights what forms you need but then says not all treatments are allowed but does not inform you what these are.If any expat could give some information i would be obliged.

If you've paid all your dues in the UK you get the same treatment over here as the UK.

Hi , you will have to apply to become resident in Spain and you also have to get on the Padron(similar to a census in uk) all quite simple and not expensive. Its best to use an Gestoria these people will sort all paperwork needed.Good luck. My wife and i have lived here 28yrs and have been retired 7yrs if you do things properly its a good life .

I lived in Benalmadena for 12 years and got a residency simply by going to a police station, the same as in Tunisia where anybody planning staying for more than 6 months simply walks into any police station and fills out a form and you're a resident. In the USA it's like asking for the crown jewels.

Spain would be a great place to live if it wasn't for, I'm very sad to say, a few British who just can't help causing trouble.

Please, if you do go there accept that the Spaniards do things differently to us and enjoy yourself and above all learn the language.

I lived in Benalmadena for 12 years and got a residency simply by going to a police station, the same as in Tunisia where anybody planning staying for more than 6 months simply walks into any police station and fills out a form and you're a resident. In the USA it's like asking for the crown jewels.

Spain would be a great place to live if it wasn't for, I'm very sad to say, a few British who just can't help causing trouble.

Please, if you do go there accept that the Spaniards do things differently to us and enjoy yourself and above all learn the language.

After a bit you know where the gobby English hang about and keep to the other bars.

I spent ten years off and on in Benalmadena and have been going there over 30 years, I lived in Arroyo next to Bonanza square in fact I can remember that being a field. I was there a few weeks ago and went for a late night walk on Arroyo top and for the first time ever I didn't feel safe there it is over run with eastern Europeans up there.

As for anyone moving over for a long time my advice is to sort residencia out straight away.

Very sad indeed DALINK, and very nicely put..

And UKDOBBy.

If you originate from England it is to be hoped you are a good ambassador for the same.

Gobby indeed.

Is that a word an english gent would use?

It isn't what one says, it's the way one says it.

Very sad indeed DALINK, and very nicely put..

And UKDOBBy.

If you originate from England it is to be hoped you are a good ambassador for the same.

Gobby indeed.

Is that a word an english gent would use?

It isn't what one says, it's the way one says it.

To be fair to UK Dobby I know exactly what he was referring to and see it all the time.

Euro bars packed with English locals all day with the only intent of getting legless.

Archived