Have you ever been bullied?

Bullying is a complicated form of intimidation in my personal opinion. It's a way for people to beat down others (Make themselves feel tough) and since I was about 12 ( I'm 19 now) I've have a lot of people bully me just for being me. Bully me for the way I look, my personality and pretty much just told me how much of a waste of space I was. I was na easy target for them I suppose and now I deal with anxiety, panic, low low mood's, low confidence and anger just because I wasn't accepted for just being me. I know what it's like for young people to feel alone and not have an escape. I'm now training to become a gardener and will, in the future use gardening to help young and old people who have suffered from whatever kind of abuse have that escape.

Bullying is a complicated form of intimidation in my personal opinion. It's a way for people to beat down others (Make themselves feel tough) and since I was about 12 ( I'm 19 now) I've have a lot of people bully me just for being me. Bully me for the way I look, my personality and pretty much just told me how much of a waste of space I was. I was na easy target for them I suppose and now I deal with anxiety, panic, low low mood's, low confidence and anger just because I wasn't accepted for just being me. I know what it's like for young people to feel alone and not have an escape. I'm now training to become a gardener and will, in the future use gardening to help young and old people who have suffered from whatever kind of abuse have that escape.

hiya, my last three years at school i was bullied,many,many years later i got to thinking why me and a thought came to me the ones who weren't bullied all had an elder brother,some that were like me were an only child, or were the eldest sibling.

yep... constantly for most of my school life, even progressed into college.....

until I decked him and it all stopped..

Similar thing, guy in my class thought it funny that i wore glasses, the usual specky 4 eyes routine, got a little worse and more physical until one day after school he started, so i smacked him in the mouth and put him on his arse, no problem after that. All bullies rely on the fact that the victim won't fight back, the moment they do the bully is defeated...

---------- Post added 14-12-2014 at 22:34 ----------

Beth, totally agree with your post, that is what bullies are, they think they are far superior to some people, but i can assure you that they don't take much knocking down. I wore glasses as a kid and suffered some awful abuse, but not for one minute did i let these numpties get the better of me, as far as i was concerned, it was their problem, not mine. I suppose, what i am trying to say, is that you are far better than the bullies, the moment you stand up to them, their air of superiority is lost. Good to see that you have chanelled your bad experiences into something that will benefit others....:thumbsup:

Similar thing, guy in my class thought it funny that i wore glasses, the usual specky 4 eyes routine, got a little worse and more physical until one day after school he started, so i smacked him in the mouth and put him on his arse, no problem after that. All bullies rely on the fact that the victim won't fight back, the moment they do the bully is defeated...

---------- Post added 14-12-2014 at 22:34 ----------

Beth, totally agree with your post, that is what bullies are, they think they are far superior to some people, but i can assure you that they don't take much knocking down. I wore glasses as a kid and suffered some awful abuse, but not for one minute did i let these numpties get the better of me, as far as i was concerned, it was their problem, not mine. I suppose, what i am trying to say, is that you are far better than the bullies, the moment you stand up to them, their air of superiority is lost. Good to see that you have chanelled your bad experiences into something that will benefit others....:thumbsup:

I wear glasses too :clap:. As soon as society deems something 'uncool' or 'funny' people jump on those people in an effort to feel powerful and in control of them. Sick but it's human nature. I'd rather be able to see than look 'cool' define cool anyway. :loopy:

---------- Post added 15-12-2014 at 10:02 ----------

I got bullied for being small used to be called midget minger spat on you name is my mum went to the school but it got worse used to be bullied outside or school near home I hated going so I kept bunking off untill mum got a letter from school to take mum to court.

People will do anything to make themselves feel tough, I hope it was dealt with:)

---------- Post added 15-12-2014 at 10:04 ----------

hiya, my last three years at school i was bullied,many,many years later i got to thinking why me and a thought came to me the ones who weren't bullied all had an elder brother,some that were like me were an only child, or were the eldest sibling.

I always thought why me but it actually helped make me stronger and able to deal with negativity now. The sibling thing I've realised as well actually. Ope everything is well now:)

I wear glasses too :clap:. As soon as society deems something 'uncool' or 'funny' people jump on those people in an effort to feel powerful and in control of them. Sick but it's human nature. I'd rather be able to see than look 'cool' define cool anyway. :loopy:

---------- Post added 15-12-2014 at 10:02 ----------

People will do anything to make themselves feel tough, I hope it was dealt with:)

---------- Post added 15-12-2014 at 10:04 ----------

I wouldn't say it was dealt with because bullying carried on outside the school gates so no it wasnt dealt with

• 1 month later...