Why didn't you like Michael Gove?

143 times 7

seven sevens are 49, so 98 so 980

three sevens are 21 so 980+21 1001 - £10.01

I did that in my head faster then reaching for a calculator. A mix of the rote tables up to twenty twenties are four hundred and knowing how arithmetic works.

rote times tables are exceedingly useful.

No they are not exceedingly useful, they can be useful if you work with numbers a lot, and even then the majority of stuff will be done in spreadsheets these days.

What is exceedingly useful is problem solving and the ability to understand complex situations and break them down into manageable chunks. But that is very difficult to test in a mass-assessment - which is exactly the reason for the government to stop butting in and let teachers do their job.

If we just let professionals be professional instead of chasing dumb targets our kids would get on a lot better in life.

http://games.usvsth3m.com/slap-michael-gove/

Maybe an indication of how unpopular this guy is ?

You see that sums up the mindset nicely. IF the right wing dont like someone, its settled by someone reasoned debate.

The left- well he have the "is Thatcher Dead Yet" websites.... and parties when she died. Glenda Jacksons disgusting vitrol during the speeches in the Commons as well...

I dont recall there being any "is Brown dead yet" or "is Blair dead yet" sites....

I dont recall there being parties when Labour incumbents died... there was nothing but glowing praise for Foot and for Smith etc..

Then you get stupid things like that....

For gods sake grow up people.

Who don't always appreciate it.

---------- Post added 15-07-2014 at 16:05 ----------

Wonderful pension, wonderful holidays, so what's there to complain about?

They knew the conditions before they signed the contract.

Hi again Poppet.

You appear to have misunderstood my simple question.

Top of your list of things "we" don't like in the teaching profession is, you stated, "3 months holidays".

Can you tell us why you don't like the fact that teachers get three months of holidays?

Hi again Poppet.

You appear to have misunderstood my simple question.

Top of your list of things "we" don't like in the teaching profession is, you stated, "3 months holidays".

Can you tell us why you don't like the fact that teachers get three months of holidays?

I can answer that for her.......jealousy. She won't admit it though. But it's true.

I for one am glad the little toerag has gone. He has set back education in this country years and basically didn't give a whatsit about what teachers, parents or pupils had to say. Far too much of a personal agenda for my liking which was at odds with the majority of the population's view of education.

And as for the 3 month holidays there are a lot of teachers who don;t actually get paid in school holidays and have term time only contracts!

Er, shall we conclude from this that teachers have no idea of their job description before they accept the position?

but that's just it, it's not in the job description. That becomes expected as you settle in. What then? Walk out on x years worth of training and salary sacrifice to become a doleist? Remember, I'm not talking about staying on half an hour because the boss wants you to use the ready mix before it sets.

You see that sums up the mindset nicely. IF the right wing dont like someone, its settled by someone reasoned debate.

The left- well he have the "is Thatcher Dead Yet" websites.... and parties when she died. Glenda Jacksons disgusting vitrol during the speeches in the Commons as well...

I dont recall there being any "is Brown dead yet" or "is Blair dead yet" sites....

I dont recall there being parties when Labour incumbents died... there was nothing but glowing praise for Foot and for Smith etc..

Then you get stupid things like that....

For gods sake grow up people.

I thought this letter to Michael Gove from the widow of a young teacher summed up the frustration of many

http://www.dorseteye.com/north/articles/widows-letter-to-michael-gove

Archived