Where is your God?

If I had the power to create something and noticed that my creation was far from perfect I would end it. Letting it continue would be sick. So. I believe there is no god. Or god is one sick he/she.

---------- Post added 20-07-2014 at 23:12 ----------

God gave us free will. So we should not be upset about jimmy savile because he is gods creation and gave him free will.? I dont think I like this god!

Who better to give advice on such matters.

:hihi:

I believe that the existence of 'supreme beings' , a.k.a 'gods' is reasonably probable.

But at this end of the galactic spiral arm we're the supreme beings. A bit stupid and self-destructive by the standards of other supreme beings throughout the multiverse, perhaps, but supreme nevertheless.

• 3 weeks later...
Exactly the same amount as there are of male gods.

Do you need me to tell you that number?

;)

In comparison with the number of males who like to think they are gods, females who have that same arrogance are far lower in number. ;)

In comparison with the number of males who like to think they are gods, females who have that same arrogance are far lower in number. ;)

Well...

The number I was actually thinking of is ZERO.

(Thinking =/= being.)

No male gods, no female gods, and no androgynous gods.

WHERE IS GOD?

Isn't god supposed to be omnipresent?

If so, god is everywhere; you can't just point to one place and say 'god is there' because 'he' (assuming omnipresent) is everywhere else too, including in the finger that points and the mind that conceives the notion of god.

I wonder where was god, before we evolved language, when we had no word 'god' and we did not think in words. Where was 'god' then?

I would think, anything that you can conceive of in language; is not god, it's just your mind holding on to concepts. A lot of religions do this, they simply perpetuate the holding of concepts and mental constructs within the mind. It's like looking at the finger, and mistaking it for the moon!

Isn't god supposed to be omnipresent?

If so, god is everywhere; you can't just point to one place and say 'god is there' because 'he' (assuming omnipresent) is everywhere else too, including in the finger that points and the mind that conceives the notion of god.

I wonder where was god, before we evolved language, when we had no word 'god' and we did not think in words. Where was 'god' then?

I would think, anything that you can conceive of in language; is not god, it's just your mind holding on to concepts. A lot of religions do this, they simply perpetuate the holding of concepts and mental constructs within the mind. It's like looking at the finger, and mistaking it for the moon!

And of course, if god was omnipresent, he could surely post on here to show his presence :D

If I was god, I would post :)

Perhaps he's sat up somewhere thinking, FFS, I created everything, but why didn't I anticipate the creation of the WWW and the requirement of an IP address and fingers to post, and which would be a good medium to show myself to the non-believers.

Archived