Where is your God?

So simple as to be (cognitively) ungraspable. See that slippery fish go!

I wrote years ago how to [get close to] grasping it.

(which in turn probably definitely absolves me of any delusion of being god!)

Unless I was trying to test the faith of the believers, of course ;)

I wrote years ago how to [get close to] grasping it.

(which in turn probably definitely absolves me of any delusion of being god!)

Unless I was trying to test the faith of the believers, of course ;)

In a sense you are though, you're the universe aware of itself in the form of a human creature. How cool is that?

Anyhow, I don't even know what it is people are trying to grasp. The god concept is like a bee in our bonnets. We're like dogs chasing our own tails. The coolest dogs of course, aren't running in circles; well, maybe once they were, but now they're just flaked out, basking in the sunshine and soaking up good vibes. :love:

Thank god I wasn't around when the inquisition was going down!

Isn't god supposed to be omnipresent?

If so, god is everywhere; you can't just point to one place and say 'god is there' because 'he' (assuming omnipresent) is everywhere else too, including in the finger that points and the mind that conceives the notion of god.

I wonder where was god, before we evolved language, when we had no word 'god' and we did not think in words. Where was 'god' then?

I would think, anything that you can conceive of in language; is not god, it's just your mind holding on to concepts. A lot of religions do this, they simply perpetuate the holding of concepts and mental constructs within the mind. It's like looking at the finger, and mistaking it for the moon!

See my Sig.

jb

Is it not ludicrous that not one person has seen god but believes that He/She/Black/ White/ etc etc exists. ??? Why do we all see God in a different light. Is there more than one god? Can you have more than one god? >>> My personal opinion is, There is no god!.

Is it not ludicrous that not one person has seen god but believes that He/She/Black/ White/ etc etc exists. ??? Why do we all see God in a different light. Is there more than one god? Can you have more than one god? >>> My personal opinion is, There is no god!.

Why would god be limited to narrow concepts that the human mind entertains, like existing or not-existing. Just because you can't conceive of other states...

What is existing? I don't know...

What is god? I don't know...

I don't even know what 'universe' is...

I know nothing, and even to entertain the notion of such quantities as 'god' seems like a momsesne.to me, an unceccesay taxing or straining of the mind.

Archived