Where is your God?

Sorry not hijacking the post ... But what does god look like?

This is the most important issue in such discussions as this:

WHAT IS A "GOD"?

If we discuss whether elephants exist, we can get an adequate description from a book, and then, in a zoo or on a safari holiday, some of us can actually see one. This is pretty good proof of their existence.

If we discuss mermaids, then again there are many books and pictures about them; can any of us claim to have seen one?

As for Bigfoot, there should be verifiable footprints, scat and other traces -- who has seen such?

Now, having defined a "god" by reference to ancient writings, let's go look for something that matches that description -- even to, say, 80%.

There is nothing to be seen!

Sad, isn't it? But I feel that "god" ranks with Santa, the Tooth Fairy, and my personal Guardian Angel: it would be nice to have them exist, and we can tell each other lovely stories about them, but:

Wishing we had something does not make it exist!

God is pretty rubbish to be honest. Quite unprofessional actually. Seriously needs to up his game when it comes to customer service. I've asked for a ton of stuff that has never materialised. Seriously, what's his problem? His prayer service is absolutely diabolical. There should be some sort of feedback forum or complaints procedure because if I could give him a scathing review I would. GOD, 1 star! If you want something, go to amazon, they actually deliver the goods. And I'll tell you this much, if heaven is below par I'm going to be straight on trip advisor with my keyboard warrior fingers. See how he likes that!

God is definitely not an invention to control the population. People who keep throwing that statement around is daft.

This is an interesting interview.

Priest says Hell is an invention of the church to control people with fear.

"God is not a christian, God is not a jew or a muslim or a hindu, a buddhist; all of those are human systems, which human beings have created to help us walk into the mystery of God"

God is definitely not an invention to control the population. People who keep throwing that statement around is daft.

Whats the ten commandments for then if not to control your actions? do this dont do that, that's all religions are for.

Whats the ten commandments for then if not to control your actions? do this dont do that, that's all religions are for.

I agree with Bonzo. Gods weren't originally invented to control the population. Originally they were invented as place-holders to help our ancestors make sense of the world and their place in it. Of course, they were wrong about gods existing, but gods soon became a way to manipulate and control others; and that's much more to do with fear, paranoia and the dis-empowerment life brings. That's why religion developed, and it's why religion is a problem.

I ask anyone who is religious out there to turn on the news and answer the question. I dont care what religion.

WHERE IS GOD?

No one has seen a god in modern times. Where is he or she or it? :huh:

Sorry,

I am under the impression that it is people who are perpetrating these atrocities against people - regardless of which God it is they believe in .

How convenient it is to blame someones God when things go wrong and yet- thank their God when they go right.

Surely this is the ficklety of human nature , to blame someone else when things go wrong .

Sorry,

I am under the impression that it is people who are perpetrating these atrocities against people - regardless of which God it is they believe in .

How convenient it is to blame someones God when things go wrong and yet- thank their God when they go right.

Surely this is the ficklety of human nature , to blame someone else when things go wrong .

Plenty of people also like to blame (or credit, rather) their god when things go right.

Just realised your post covered this

God is a concept a parasitic minority, brainwash their followers with, and in so doing we pitch one god against the other. In what was once PALESTINE, the second hand inventors of the one god concept, who thanks to the moronic British, who instigated the start of the ethnic cleansing, regard the land itself as given to them alone by the figment of a historical past parasitic but literate community. They return to the lad given to them alone, and cannot comprehend how their reinvention of the one god idea, spread into Christianity and Islam, both the offspring, like the Jewish religion of a powerful Egyptian revolutionary. So all three concepts or interpretations of the original revolutionary ideology, are branches off the original roots.

Like children squabbling over sharing one toy, they all want to play with at the same time, none can see how ridiculous they are, as each now established religious ideology has a vast following, and the parasites that oversee their blinded followers, cannot and dare not expose the KING as having no clothes. They are all institutionally wedded to their profession, and the concept of being outed as frauds, is beyond unthinkable. Thus each has to play out the lie, while the questioning of the scientific community, undermines the very basis of their foundations, as they attempt to direct their respective flocks to the detail of the carvings in the ceilings.

Can anyone imagine the effect of outing this confidence trick, the effect on billions of individuals that rely on the hope that things will improve if not for them then their offspring? To suddenly be aware of the fraud, the disorientation of so many, would or could make the concept of anarchy, in its worst form, seem the introduction to a nightmare beyond comprehension.

So let the blind believe their leaders in the interpretation of the lie of hope have sight in at least one eye, and also let us hope that this ill informed majority of humanity remains suitably ignorant so we can continue to exploit the differences with wars, selling weaponry and having a good laugh at them all. Fighting for the right to be right is one of the oldest jokes humankind EVER INVENTED, so let us not spoil the fun as we watch ISSIS being bombed, and those Palestinian children being dismembered, all for our entertainment on 24 hour TV. Let us not forget the limbs also being blown off people in Ukraine as although its not about religion its fun to know one is on the side of the righteous, the new religion of smugness.

Genetically we are all, that is 99% of people living today, are so closely related it could be said we are the only incestuous species ever to have inhabited this world, but lets us not get distracted by facts or evidence and concentrate on differences, as differences are entertaining ....innit!

Archived