Where is your God?

At 3 years old I was given certain choices which i made , they were of course simple choices , children can chose from an early age . At 3 years old i was asked by my parents if i wanted to live with my auntie jo and uncle Ken or my auntie marjorie and uncle Peter , as a friend of ours had just lost both her parents , I understood the choice and incidentally I chose my auntie Jo and Uncle Ken which in later life remained the choice and in later teenage years when my mum was ill i did stay with them !!

also as a nanny the children i nannied for were able to make simple choices from being small , children see things that we don't as they have no concept of lives where people don't believe certain things

I'm not saying that a 3yr old can't make a choice.

You may have been asked who you want to go with, that's nothing like indoctrination.

With indoctrination a child isn't asked if they would like to believe if there is a god, they are told that there IS a god and that he made everything, he can see everything you do, he is everywhere, you must worship him, etc.

They are told this over and over, daily, for many years.

What I asked was would a 3yr old have the cognitive ability to even recognise there may be a choice (in such a situation) ?

Your anecdote is nothing like indoctrination, you cannot compare the two situations. Please take your anecdotal logical fallacy home with you.

<Large chunk of ambiguous propaganda removed>

---------- Post added 03-09-2014 at 13:03 ----------

Just to use a simple illustration of what I mean- if someone was given a gigantic puzzle of all the flags of every country in existence, all stripes and colours - and it was left in a room for a period (whichever time)- would you or anyone expect this jigsaw to re-assemble by itself?

If you saw it assembled after returning from this period of gap- what would be your belief of how it came about> BY itself? Through some natural force, By Chance/Random or SOMEONE put it together- someone with a MIND and PURPOSE.

I actually missed this little false comparison the first time around!

Of course you'd believe someone put it together because you already stated that there was someone involved, a known fact from the start.

You may have been asked who you want to go with, that's nothing like indoctrination.

With indoctrination a child isn't asked if they would like to believe if there is a god, they are told that there IS a god and that he made everything, he can see everything you do, he is everywhere, you must worship him, etc.

What I asked was would a 3yr old have the cognitive ability to even recognise there may be a choice (in such a

I grew up in a Christian family , I was never asked do you accept belief in God , I saw for myself God working and I wanted to know him so I simply asked God to show me himself , my faith is strong and nothing anyone can say will change that , I have total faith that what I know is true

I was never asked do you accept belief in God , I saw for myself God working and I wanted to know him so I simply asked God to show me himself , my faith is strong and nothing anyone can say will change that , I have total faith that what I know is true

Then your mind is closed, why even bother discussing it then?

I grew up in a Christian family , I was never asked do you accept belief in God

That's kind of my point :clap:

I saw for myself God working and I wanted to know him so I simply asked God to show me himself , my faith is strong and nothing anyone can say will change that , I have total faith that what I know is true

What made you believe there was a God in the first place and how old would you say you were?

(Could you please learn how to use the quotation tags so others don't have to fix it? If you chop off the end of a quote at least add the

tag after it)

[quote name=RootsBooster

What made you believe there was a God in the first place and how old would you say you were?

I saw God from about being 3 years old , in my family and the life we had , I saw that the relationship with god was better with than without. I never went to my christian family and asked questions it just happened through me being open to God and he showed me that i needed to be with him faith is walking on what you cannot see !

---------- Post added 03-09-2014 at 14:51 ----------

Then your mind is closed, why even bother discussing it then?

My mind isn't open to living without God ! as I know him and want to carry on knowing him in my life

---------- Post added 03-09-2014 at 14:55 ----------

What I asked was would a 3yr old have the cognitive ability to even recognise there may be a choice (in such a situation) ?

Your anecdote is nothing like indoctrination, you cannot compare the two situations. Please take your anecdotal logical fallacy home with you.

As growing up in a christian home , I was never indoctrinated , i was always given the choice , I was never forced to worship , If i asked questions they were answered fairly with no pushing me to do what i didn't want to .

I saw God from about being 3 years old , in my family and the life we had , I saw that the relationship with god was better with than without. I never went to my christian family and asked questions it just happened through me being open to God and he showed me that i needed to be with him faith is walking on what you cannot see !

So nobody ever actually mentioned the concept of God or gods to you, you just saw him in things and believed from there on?

(please use the quotation tags instead of leaving broken quotes)

So nobody ever actually mentioned the concept of God or gods to you, you just saw him in things and believed from there on?

That's exactly what I am saying ! I didn't go to Sunday school until I was 7 but had been seeing God for years at that point and possibly before I was 3 , Nobody spent time telling me to accept Jesus as lord or you are going to hell etc but just being loved by the family who adopted me, My dad never ever said you have to believe or you have to do that to go to heaven , there was never any blackmail or pressure put on me , My faith came from experiencing Gods love for me through a loving family

That's exactly what I am saying ! I didn't go to Sunday school until I was 7 but had been seeing God for years at that point and possibly before I was 3 , Nobody spent time telling me to accept Jesus as lord or you are going to hell etc but just being loved by the family who adopted me, My dad never ever said you have to believe or you have to do that to go to heaven , there was never any blackmail or pressure put on me , My faith came from experiencing Gods love for me through a loving family

If you'd been adopted by a nice loving Muslim family or a nice loving Sikh family do you think you'd still be a Christian?

If you'd been adopted by a nice loving Muslim family or a nice loving Sikh family do you think you'd still be a Christian?

Yes I do as this is where God wants me to be ! My sister grew up in a different family who weren't Christians has experienced exactly the same , she knew god from a young age too and when she was told that she had a sister she prayed god would allow us to meet before she was 18, which is exactly what happened.i met her on the 26th of October 25 years ago now , she turned 18 on the 18th of October. She said from a young age she felt God had showed himself to her through the love of the family she was brought up in , so 2 children adopted 7 years apart same experience.

Yes I do
That seems very unlikely to me. Still, as you've already admitted, your mind is completely closed on this matter so I'm not sure why I expected a different answer.

Archived