Where is your God?

I actually missed this little false comparison the first time around!

Of course you'd believe someone put it together because you already stated that there was someone involved, a known fact from the start.

I've just jumped back in to this thread from the last page and honestly cannot commit too much time at the moment.

Suffice to say that I only alluded to the belief I hold and that is Purpose behind the Universe- which does not even need to entail any religious dogma.

You or anyone rejecting this would be baseless as (which I mentioned before) then you would need to give example or information of other possibilities, i.e. Chance/Necessity/Probability.

So if (as I have experienced) you may say (if not said already) there could be similar Universes like ours that permit life that could have come by XYZ.. then logically you have to provide information.

Do you have any?

No you don't.

No one does. While I am open to all possibilities , if and until there is more information I prefer Purpose.

The reason for that I have shared before on similar threads- and had I the time, would go in to a more logical argument for why I believe it to be Purpose.

The way I see it- atheists are really only looking for any excuse to eradicate any possibility of an Intelligent force behind this Universe- they want to be free of any worry that someone is up there, they want to be kings of their own castle- not questionable to anyone or anything.

They have been fed enough religious information (usually misquoted or misunderstood) to form an opinon of this 'God'.

Hence all the bickering/anti religious feel and so on. However, when in a 1-1 situation, and an open mind, you will be surprised how different some atheists are- and how quickly they are prepared to look in further...if they can put their arrogance away.

That seems very unlikely to me. Still, as you've already admitted, your mind is completely closed on this matter so I'm not sure why I expected a different answer.

My mind isn't closed but I cannot say there isn't God as i know him in my life !

I've just jumped back in to this thread from the last page and honestly cannot commit too much time at the moment.

Suffice to say that I only alluded to the belief I hold and that is Purpose behind the Universe- which does not even need to entail any religious dogma.

That's fine, the comparison you gave didn't work though

You or anyone rejecting this would be baseless as (which I mentioned before)
This is where your argument is fundamentally flawed. Rejecting a belief/idea/premise which is presented without proof is not "baseless". It is the duty of the one making the claim to provide the proof, if he/she is to expect others to believe it.

then you would need to give example or information of other possibilities, i.e. Chance/Necessity/Probability.

...a continuance of your argument's huge flaw, nobody needs to give an example or information of other possibilities in order to reject or simply not accept such an evidence-lacking concept as gods.

What would make you think they should?

So if (as I have experienced) you may say (if not said already) there could be similar Universes like ours that permit life that could have come by XYZ.. then logically you have to provide information.

Do you have any?

No you don't.

What on Earth are you talking about now? Why would I bring up alternate Universes when asked about the existence of God/s?

If you want to talk about life other than that which we know I don't think you need to go anywhere near as far as an alternate Universe, it's highly likely there's more in our own Universe.

No one does. While I am open to all possibilities , if and until there is more information I prefer Purpose.

The reason for that I have shared before on similar threads- and had I the time, would go in to a more logical argument for why I believe it to be Purpose.

The way I see it- atheists are really only looking for any excuse to eradicate any possibility of an Intelligent force behind this Universe- they want to be free of any worry that someone is up there, they want to be kings of their own castle- not questionable to anyone or anything.

They have been fed enough religious information (usually misquoted or misunderstood) to form an opinon of this 'God'.

Hence all the bickering/anti religious feel and so on.

It appears that you don't know many atheists then.

However, when in a 1-1 situation, and an open mind, you will be surprised how different some atheists are- and how quickly they are prepared to look in further...if they can put their arrogance away.
Why would I be surprised? I'm well aware of how different atheists are, the only thing we all have in common is an absence of belief in gods.

Some athiests are nice, some are not, some are philosophical, some are not, some are left-wing and some are right-wing, some believe in the supernatural and some do not, some like football, some like cakes, some are ignorant, some are extremely thoughtful and altruistic, some are children, others are adults, etc...

---------- Post added 03-09-2014 at 21:38 ----------

That's exactly what I am saying ! I didn't go to Sunday school until I was 7 but had been seeing God for years at that point and possibly before I was 3 , Nobody spent time telling me to accept Jesus as lord or you are going to hell etc but just being loved by the family who adopted me, My dad never ever said you have to believe or you have to do that to go to heaven , there was never any blackmail or pressure put on me , My faith came from experiencing Gods love for me through a loving family

I find it very hard to believe that you grew up with a Christian family who never talked to you about God.

I find it very hard to believe that you grew up with a Christian family who never talked to you about God.

They showed me Gods love by how they treated me and gave me a good life ! They never ever said things like God is or quote the bible at me , yes mum and dad read the bible everyday , yes they went bible study and church , I chose to go along , when I was 5 my cousins were going swimming on Sunday morning , there was no you can't go swimming as we are going to church etc they let me go with my cousins and encouraged me to spend time with my cousins, my family were unlike a lot of Christian families do!

Let's say for a minute that god is a HE. A He cannot exist without a she!.?.! ... So who is the true god?? A lot like the chicken and the egg. Who is gods mum and dad?

---------- Post added 03-09-2014 at 23:55 ----------

You can try work out who god's mum and dad is all night.... This is the answer >> There is no god!

They showed me Gods love by how they treated me and gave me a good life ! They never ever said things like God is or quote the bible at me , yes mum and dad read the bible everyday , yes they went bible study and church , I chose to go along , when I was 5 my cousins were going swimming on Sunday morning , there was no you can't go swimming as we are going to church etc they let me go with my cousins and encouraged me to spend time with my cousins, my family were unlike a lot of Christian families do!

You seem intent on keeping your posts ambiguous and ever-shifting. This, coupled with your inability to use the quoting tags, leads me to believe that discussion with you on the matter will be completely fruitless.

You seem intent on keeping your posts ambiguous and ever-shifting. This, coupled with your inability to use the quoting tags, leads me to believe that discussion with you on the matter will be completely fruitless.

Sorry for being me ! I don't understand why you seem so wound up about quotation tags ! All I have done is quote what was there in the posts , I don't think my posts are ambiguous , how can sharing what is my own experience a bad thing , if you read it's knowledge that I have along with 50 years experience , I shared little bits of where God is both scripturally and experience wise using what I have seen through experience so I don't think belittling somebody as they don't write in a way that you do is particualy helpful , I am dyslexic ( tested by the dyslexia institute ) it means my brain is wired differently and it just means that the way I put things is different to how you would !

I am happy to discus my experiences in this field of life but if you feel unable to I understand

Sorry for being me ! I don't understand why you

seem so wound up about quotation tags ! All I have done is quote what was there in the posts

I'm not wound up, I'm just outlining that no reasonable dialogue can be had unless you're going to clarify your posts better. I've been in several discussions like this before with people who keep contradicting themselves or avoid committing themselves to any concise wording and I can see when it's going to continue as such.

You keep chopping the end off posts, which cocks up the appearance, making it look like the wrong people have authored the posts.

Archived