Where is your God?

Still no answer for my question.Try having a look how many churches have been demolished and used for other purposes in Sheffield alone in the last twenty years then.I think you will find that immigrants from Africa and the west indies are keeping the churches going for now.The nearest church to me has a very elderly attendance,the next three are not in use.

try looking at the free churches and not the state church , you will see it thriving , having said that some churches like st Thomas's in crooks are so full they had to set another church up st Thomas's Philadelphia

I went to St.Thomas some decades ago to see what the other-side was like. It was a right pantomime - and very bizarre. It was all very happy clappy with awful music. On the balcony there were people jumping up and yelling really loudly.. just out of the blue. Others were speaking in tongues. There were two laughing really loudly too(me and a friend who couldn't contain ourselves). The preacher was giving some speech about alcohol; all common sense stuff that anyone with half a brain could come up with. Strangely enough, when the church emptied, the pub across the road filled. Made me laugh even more.

Thats down to mans selfishness that children dieas he gives us choice through freewill , I have seen this first hand in Zimbabwe children dies from simple illnesses that here in the 1st world are treatable .

So according to you, children choose to get cancer and choose to die in a natural disaster. God doesn't help them but helps you find your sister. What was that about selfishness?

Still no answer for my question.Try having a look how many churches have been demolished and used for other purposes in Sheffield alone in the last twenty years then.I think you will find that immigrants from Africa and the west indies are keeping the churches going for now.The nearest church to me has a very elderly attendance,the next three are not in use.

Church isn't a building its a body of people , many churches meet in hotels , cinemas etc , there's one which meets at the showroom cinema.

Many people today understand the church as a building. This is not a biblical understanding of the church. The word “church” comes from the Greek word ekklesia which is defined as “an assembly” or “called-out ones.” The root meaning of “church” is not that of a building, but of people. It is ironic that when you ask people what church they attend, they usually identify a building. Romans 16:5 says “… greet the church that is in their house.” Paul refers to the church in their house—not a church building, but a body of believers.

The church is the body of Christ, of which He is the head. Ephesians 1:22-23 says, “And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church, which is his body, the fullness of him who fills everything in every way.” The body of Christ is made up of all believers in Jesus Christ from the day of Pentecost (Acts chapter 2) until Christ’s return. The body of Christ is comprised of two aspects:

1) The universal church consists of all those who have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. “For we were all baptised by one Spirit into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink” (1 Corinthians 12:13). This verse says that anyone who believes is part of the body of Christ and has received the Spirit of Christ as evidence. The universal church of God is all those who have received salvation through faith in Jesus Christ.

2) The local church is described in Galatians 1:1-2: “Paul, an apostle … and all the brothers with me, to the churches in Galatia.” Here we see that in the province of Galatia there were many churches—what we call local churches. A Baptist church, Lutheran church, Catholic church, etc., is not the church, as in the universal church—but rather is a local church, a local body of believers. The universal church is comprised of those who belong to Christ and who have trusted Him for salvation. These members of the universal church should seek fellowship and edification in a local church.

In summary, the church is not a building or a denomination. According to the Bible, the church is the body of Christ—all those who have placed their faith in Jesus Christ for salvation (John 3:16; 1 Corinthians 12:13). Local churches are gatherings of members of the universal church. The local church is where the members of the universal church can fully apply the “body” principles of 1 Corinthians chapter 12: encouraging, teaching, and building one another up in the knowledge and grace of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Yes, most churches where I live have very few attending. And the only way they can get people in is by holding and providing secular activities and services(child-care, jumble-sales, etc.) And the only ones that do seem to be flourishing are the evangelical/extreme variants bolstered by immigrants.

I went to St.Thomas some decades ago to see what the other-side was like. It was a right pantomime - and very bizarre. It was all very happy clappy with awful music. On the balcony there were people jumping up and yelling really loudly.. just out of the blue. Others were speaking in tongues. There were two laughing really loudly too(me and a friend who couldn't contain ourselves). The preacher was giving some speech about alcohol; all common sense stuff that anyone with half a brain could come up with. Strangely enough, when the church emptied, the pub across the road filled. Made me laugh even more.

So according to you, children choose to get cancer and choose to die in a natural disaster. God doesn't help them but helps you find your sister. What was that about selfishness?

Nobody chooses to get an illness ! and it depends on how you look at illness , My friends in Bulawayo recently lost their baby boy because there was no medical help available there to save the little baby but even though they have lost there first born they are not blaming God they are saying Thankyou for his life and the short time they had with their son

Church isn't a building its a body of people , many churches meet in hotels , cinemas etc , there's one which meets at the showroom cinema.

Many people today understand the church as a building. This is not a biblical understanding of the church. The word “church” comes from the Greek word ekklesia which is defined as “an assembly” or “called-out ones.” The root meaning of “church” is not that of a building, but of people. It is ironic that when you ask people what church they attend, they usually identify a building. Romans 16:5 says “… greet the church that is in their house.” Paul refers to the church in their house—not a church building, but a body of believers.

The church is the body of Christ, of which He is the head. Ephesians 1:22-23 says, “And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church, which is his body, the fullness of him who fills everything in every way.” The body of Christ is made up of all believers in Jesus Christ from the day of Pentecost (Acts chapter 2) until Christ’s return. The body of Christ is comprised of two aspects:

1) The universal church consists of all those who have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. “For we were all baptised by one Spirit into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink” (1 Corinthians 12:13). This verse says that anyone who believes is part of the body of Christ and has received the Spirit of Christ as evidence. The universal church of God is all those who have received salvation through faith in Jesus Christ.

2) The local church is described in Galatians 1:1-2: “Paul, an apostle … and all the brothers with me, to the churches in Galatia.” Here we see that in the province of Galatia there were many churches—what we call local churches. A Baptist church, Lutheran church, Catholic church, etc., is not the church, as in the universal church—but rather is a local church, a local body of believers. The universal church is comprised of those who belong to Christ and who have trusted Him for salvation. These members of the universal church should seek fellowship and edification in a local church.

In summary, the church is not a building or a denomination. According to the Bible, the church is the body of Christ—all those who have placed their faith in Jesus Christ for salvation (John 3:16; 1 Corinthians 12:13). Local churches are gatherings of members of the universal church. The local church is where the members of the universal church can fully apply the “body” principles of 1 Corinthians chapter 12: encouraging, teaching, and building one another up in the knowledge and grace of the Lord Jesus Christ.

According to the babble doesn't mean anything at all.The bible was written by men,nomads of thousands of years ago,so why base your life on such rubbish.Your brand of god is dying in this country wether you like it or not and a few immigrants will not stop it.

---------- Post added 04-09-2014 at 23:20 ----------

Nobody chooses to get an illness ! and it depends on how you look at illness , My friends in Bulawayo recently lost their baby boy because there was no medical help available there to save the little baby but even though they have lost there first born they are not blaming God they are saying Thankyou for his life and the short time they had with their son

That's because they are pathetically stupid.

According to the babble doesn't mean anything at all.The bible was written by men,nomads of thousands of years ago,so why base your life on such rubbish.Your brand of god is dying in this country wether you like it or not and a few immigrants will not stop it.

---------- Post added 04-09-2014 at 23:20 ----------

That's because they are pathetically stupid.

this is because you are closed to the idea that God is real ?

So why does your god favour helping you find your sister, instead of helping those diseased children. Why doesn't he cure them - or why doesn't he make them immune?

this is because you are closed to the idea that God is real ?

Are you so blind? god is not a real thing, gods exist in the minds of people and that is it.There is not one shred of evidence that proves any god of any kind.Please do not use babble quotes in defence because it is just an old fairy story book.If your god existed he would be able to explain why he is such a cruel and evil deity or maybe you can as you know him so well.Just so you know,my grandfather used to take me to the local Baptist church but I soon figured out that it was a social club for the strange.

Are you so blind? god is not a real thing, gods exist in the minds of people and that is it.There is not one shred of evidence that proves any god of any kind.Please do not use babble quotes in defence because it is just an old fairy story book.If your god existed he would be able to explain why he is such a cruel and evil deity or maybe you can as you know him so well.Just so you know,my grandfather used to take me to the local Baptist church but I soon figured out that it was a social club for the strange.
I know a good many atheists, and have previously engaged in interesting discussions with several on this forum (some who choose not to post on these recent type of threads now) much as you would like to think it you are far from typical of the majority.

Archived