Where is your God?

Never heard the expression (...truism...) that it is easier to herd cats than to organise atheists? Atheists have only one thing in common; a lack of belief in god/God/gods.

You do realise that 'agnostic' conveys no information about a person's belief(s), don't you? (It is to do with knowledge.) Many theists are agnostic.

This diagram may help...

http://lh3.ggpht.com/-q2d4A4N5arw/TmEoB9jCjOI/AAAAAAAAC5k/daRnstnWPJE/Agnostic%252520v%252520Gnostic%252520v%252520Atheist%252520v%252520Theist.png?imgmax=800

Evolution is observable; science can and does observe it. For instance, I am taller than my father was and have fairer hair. My son is taller than me and has darker hair. That's evolution; small changes over vast timescales.

No 'we' don't.

---------- Post added 05-09-2014 at 09:36 ----------

Then how was the reunion orchestrated? :confused:

Coincidences happen all the time.

Sheffield social service were going to write to my birth mum but were taking too much time , my adoptive mum said that the area my mum lived her name was no common so we should look up everyone with that surname of which there were 3 people , we rang up , I spoke to my sister first who knew who I was and called me by my birth name ! She said I have been waiting for this day ever since I was told about you but they wouldn't allow me to contact you , she had been reunited with her birth family earlier than I did.

Never heard the expression (...truism...) that it is easier to herd cats than to organise atheists? Atheists have only one thing in common; a lack of belief in god/God/gods.

You do realise that 'agnostic' conveys no information about a person's belief(s), don't you? (It is to do with knowledge.) Many theists are agnostic.

This diagram may help...

http://lh3.ggpht.com/-q2d4A4N5arw/TmEoB9jCjOI/AAAAAAAAC5k/daRnstnWPJE/Agnostic%252520v%252520Gnostic%252520v%252520Atheist%252520v%252520Theist.png?imgmax=800

Evolution is observable; science can and does observe it. For instance, I am taller than my father was and have fairer hair. My son is taller than me and has darker hair. That's evolution; small changes over vast timescales.

No 'we' don't.

---------- Post added 05-09-2014 at 09:36 ----------

Then how was the reunion orchestrated? :confused:

Coincidences happen all the time.

Sheffield social service were going to write to my birth mum but were taking too much time , my adoptive mum said that the area my mum lived her name was no common so we should look up everyone with that surname of which there were 3 people , we rang up , I spoke to my sister first who knew who I was and called me by my birth name ! She said I have been waiting for this day ever since I was told about you but they wouldn't allow me to contact you , she had been reunited with her birth family earlier than I did.

You really need to sort quoting out....it's very difficult to understand what you're replying to...

:huh: Why could a private detective not have done that?

What did god have to do with it?

:loopy:

---------- Post added 05-09-2014 at 11:50 ----------

Who planted the idea in my mums head?? She had no experience in people finding

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

She could have contacted a private detective to do it for her.

You knew the surname. You knew the area. Duh!!!

:roll:

:huh: Why could a private detective not have done that?

What did god have to do with it?

:loopy:

---------- Post added 05-09-2014 at 11:50 ----------

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

She could have contacted a private detective to do it for her.

You knew the surname. You knew the area. Duh!!!

:roll:

Well we didn't use a detective and it wasn't the area I was born in !

Well we didn't use a detective...

So what? There's no way a god was necessary.

...and it wasn't the area I was born in !

Never heard of Directory Enquiries? :rolleyes:

If you had, would you now be worshipping British Telecom?

I just don't see how or why anything supernatural needed to be involved. In fact, I'm beginning to suspect that you are an internet POE (...a wind-up merchant.)

According to the babble doesn't mean anything at all.The bible was written by men,nomads of thousands of years ago,so why base your life on such rubbish.Your brand of god is dying in this country wether you like it or not and a few immigrants will not stop it.

---------- Post added 04-09-2014 at 23:20 ----------

That's because they are pathetically stupid.

That Babble you speak of is the Bible its how Christians learn about who God is , its a life book .

"Who were the authors of the books of the Bible?"

Answer: Ultimately, above the human authors, the Bible was written by God. Second Timothy 3:16 tells us that the Bible was “breathed out” by God. God superintended the human authors of the Bible so that, while using their own writing styles and personalities, they still recorded exactly what God intended. The Bible was not dictated by God, but it was perfectly guided and entirely inspired by Him.

Humanly speaking, the Bible was written by approximately 40 men of diverse backgrounds over the course of 1500 years. Isaiah was a prophet, Ezra was a priest, Matthew was a tax-collector, John was a fisherman, Paul was a tentmaker, Moses was a shepherd, Luke was a physician. Despite being penned by different authors over 15 centuries, the Bible does not contradict itself and does not contain any errors. The authors all present different perspectives, but they all proclaim the same one true God, and the same one way of salvation—Jesus Christ (John 14:6; Acts 4:12). Few of the books of the Bible specifically name their author. Here are the books of the Bible along with the name of who is most assumed by biblical scholars to be the author, along with the approximate date of authorship:

Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy = Moses - 1400 B.C.

Joshua = Joshua - 1350 B.C.

Judges, Ruth, 1 Samuel, 2 Samuel = Samuel/Nathan/Gad - 1000 - 900 B.C.

1 Kings, 2 Kings = Jeremiah - 600 B.C.

1 Chronicles, 2 Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah = Ezra - 450 B.C.

Esther = Mordecai - 400 B.C.

Job = Moses - 1400 B.C.

Psalms = several different authors, mostly David - 1000 - 400 B.C.

Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Solomon = Solomon - 900 B.C.

Isaiah = Isaiah - 700 B.C.

Jeremiah, Lamentations = Jeremiah - 600 B.C.

Ezekiel = Ezekiel - 550 B.C.

Daniel = Daniel - 550 B.C.

Hosea = Hosea - 750 B.C.

Joel = Joel - 850 B.C.

Amos = Amos - 750 B.C.

Obadiah = Obadiah - 600 B.C.

Jonah = Jonah - 700 B.C.

Micah = Micah - 700 B.C.

Nahum = Nahum - 650 B.C.

Habakkuk = Habakkuk - 600 B.C.

Zephaniah = Zephaniah - 650 B.C.

Haggai = Haggai - 520 B.C.

Zechariah = Zechariah - 500 B.C.

Malachi = Malachi - 430 B.C.

Matthew = Matthew - A.D. 55

Mark = John Mark - A.D. 50

Luke = Luke - A.D. 60

John = John - A.D. 90

Acts = Luke - A.D. 65

Romans, 1 Corinthians, 2 Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 Thessalonians, 2 Thessalonians, 1 Timothy, 2 Timothy, Titus, Philemon = Paul - A.D. 50-70

Hebrews = unknown, mostly likely Paul, Luke, Barnabas, or Apollos - A.D. 65

James = James - A.D. 45

1 Peter, 2 Peter = Peter - A.D. 60

1 John, 2 John, 3 John = John - A.D. 90

Jude = Jude - A.D. 60

Revelation = John - A.D. 90

Recommended Resources: The Quest Study Bible and Logos Bible Software.

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/Bible-authors.html#ixzz3CRs7pEug

Archived