Where is your God?

you cannot see God so you are walking in faith , the jug is a manmade product etc and therefore a bad example God is everywhere and if you look you will see his work , look with eyes which are truelly open

So go on then, show me his work... and for the second time it doesn't have to be a jug, it could be an incorporeal humanoid spectre existing beyond the ken of man.

jb

In the second post of yours which I quoted you said you'd been seeing God for years... you don't make any sense...

it means knowing his presence around me and answering prayers not always in the way I wanted but always for the best

it means knowing his presence around me and answering prayers not always in the way I wanted but always for the best

So you pray for something, it doesn't happen. Instead something else happens and you think this is God? Also, when you say it is always for the best is that in the same way the woman's child that died (mentioned upthread) was for the best? Or, do you have some other metric of measuring 'for the best'?

jb

Could you possibly explain these then...?

MATTHEW 28:1 In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.

MARK 16:1 And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him.

JOHN 20:1 The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulchre, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre.

Three of the Gospels don't agree on whom it was came to find evidence of the Ressurection - that seems to be a bit of a glaring contridiction to me...

2KINGS 2:11 And Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.

JOHN 3:13 No man hath ascended up to heaven but he that came down from heaven, ... the Son of Man.

...and presumably Elijah.

I could go on but you get the idea - there are loads of inconsistencies...

Actually, inconsistency in eye-witness reports is more reassuring than them all agreeing perfectly with one another, which is simply suspicious.

True eye-witness testimony, especially long after the fact, is virtually characterised by inconsistency, and not the other way round.

Actually, inconsistency in eye-witness reports is more reassuring than them all agreeing perfectly with one another, which is simply suspicious.

True eye-witness testimony, especially long after the fact, is virtually characterised by inconsistency, and not the other way round.

One would expect the guiding hand of God to be free from inconsistency and without error... at least according to teeny and pippa.

jb

One would expect the guiding hand of God to be free from inconsistency and without error... at least according to teeny and pippa.

jb

You don't believe in God, so what possible view could you have on his guiding hand? Why would you expect no inconsistency?

Regardless, the point stands, inconsistencies in the accounts do not automatically mean the accounts are false.

If anything can be extrapolated from the accounts, it is that inconsistency mediates in favour of their veracity, not against.

Archived