Where is your God?

You don't believe in God, so what possible view could you have on his guiding hand? Why would you expect no inconsistency?

Regardless, the point stands, inconsistencies in the accounts do not automatically mean the accounts are false.

If anything can be extrapolated from the accounts, it is that inconsistency mediates in favour of their veracity, not against.

I didn't, Pippa did.

That Babble you speak of is the Bible its how Christians learn about who God is , its a life book .

"Who were the authors of the books of the Bible?"

Answer: Ultimately, above the human authors, the Bible was written by God. Second Timothy 3:16 tells us that the Bible was “breathed out” by God. God superintended the human authors of the Bible so that, while using their own writing styles and personalities, they still recorded exactly what God intended. The Bible was not dictated by God, but it was perfectly guided and entirely inspired by Him.

Humanly speaking, the Bible was written by approximately 40 men of diverse backgrounds over the course of 1500 years. Isaiah was a prophet, Ezra was a priest, Matthew was a tax-collector, John was a fisherman, Paul was a tentmaker, Moses was a shepherd, Luke was a physician. Despite being penned by different authors over 15 centuries, the Bible does not contradict itself and does not contain any errors. The authors all present different perspectives, but they all proclaim the same one true God, and the same one way of salvation—Jesus Christ (John 14:6; Acts 4:12). Few of the books of the Bible specifically name their author. Here are the books of the Bible along with the name of who is most assumed by biblical scholars to be the author, along with the approximate date of authorship:

jb

I didn't, Pippa did.

jb

that was a quote without the matching quote so its manipulated to look as if Pippa has called the bible , babble which is something she would never do

you are manipulating words and making it harder to answer the questions , I answer honestly and truthfully what my experience is and like lawyers in a court you twist the words and the meaning

Just seen god somewhere. She was just taking a break so I left her to it, and did not bother her. Yes god is a woman, many people are sexist and believe god is male but that is a big mistake, only a female god can be creative, male gods are destructive and violent.

Saw a (somewhat) interesting film last night; about a caveman who had lived (because of some genetic deformity or something) for 17,000 years. Every 10 years he had to move on, leave his friends, and assume a new identity (people would get suspicious that he hadn't aged a day in 10 years).

With his current group of friends, he 'spilled the beans', and towards the end of his revelation, he mentioned how he'd met the Buddha, and then tried to pass on the Buddha's teachings to people in the Roman empire. Long story short; it turns out he was Jesus ...

Anyhow, the interesting part of the film (for me) was how people felt mentally compelled to either believe or disbelieve him, as he recounted his experiences. They couldn't simply suspend the minds need to jump to one conclusion or the other.

Why is that? Why do our minds love certainty so much? Why do we so dislike uncertainty and ambiguity? I just find it very interesting; how our minds work.

---------- Post added 05-09-2014 at 17:18 ----------

Just seen god somewhere. She was just taking a break so I left her to it, and did not bother her. Yes god is a woman, many people are sexist and believe god is male but that is a big mistake, only a female god can be creative, male gods are destructive and violent.

Do her breasts squirt chocolate milk? If not, she's not the one true god.

You're really going to wind-up the atheist majorityDawkins disciples posting those links you know, they like to hold the monopoly on preaching

Here's some nice music to calm them down. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLPj2h0N3bU

Oliver Twist is an atheist classic.

;)

Senior moment! edited and corrected. Hope you got the message.:)

"Who were the authors of the books of the Bible?"

Answer: Ultimately, above the human authors, the Bible was written by God. Second Timothy 3:16 tells us that the Bible was “breathed out” by God. God superintended the human authors of the Bible so that, while using their own writing styles and personalities, they still recorded exactly what God intended. The Bible was not dictated by God, but it was perfectly guided and entirely inspired by Him.

The central tenet of Christianity, the Resurrection, is rather muddled to say the least as it is generally agreed by scholars that Mark 16:9-20 is a later addition:

Sinaiticus and Vaticanus[edit] (the two oldest New Testament manuscripts)

"According to T. C. Skeat, Sinaiticus and Vaticanus were both produced at the same scriptorium, which would mean that they represent only one textual tradition, rather than serving as two independent witnesses of an earlier text type that ends at 16:8.[34] Skeat argued that they were produced as part of Eusebius' response to the request of Constantine for copies of the scriptures for churches in Constantinople.[35]

However, that is unlikely,[attribution needed] since there are about 3,036 differences between the Gospels of Sinaiticus and Vaticanus, and in particular the text of Sinaiticus is of the so-called Western text form in John 1:1 through 8:38 while Vaticanus is not. Also against the theory that Eusebius directed the copying of both manuscripts is the fact that neither Vaticanus nor Sinaiticus contains Mark 15:28, which Eusebius accepted and included in his Canon-tables,[36] and Vaticanus and Sinaiticus both include a reading at Matthew 27:49 about which Eusebius seems to have been completely unaware. Finally, there is a significant relationship between Codex Vaticanus and papyrus P75, indicating that the two bear a remarkable relationship to one another—one that is not shared by Codex Sinaiticus. P75 is much older than either, having been copied prior to the birth of Eusebius.[37] Therefore, both manuscripts were not transcribed from the same exemplar and were not associated with Eusebius. The evidence presented by Skeat sufficiently shows that the two codices were made at the same place, and that the place in question was Caesarea, and that they almost certainly shared a copyist, but the differences between the manuscripts can be better explained by other theories.

Scholarly opinions[edit]

The current consensus among scholars is that verses 9–20 were not part of the original text of Mark but represent a very early addition.

Explaining the reason for adding the verses, text critic and author Bart D. Ehrman, without going into much detail about the manuscript-evidence, says:

Jesus does rise from the dead in Mark's Gospel. The women go to the tomb, the tomb is empty and there is a man there who tells them that Jesus has been raised from the dead and that they are to go tell the disciples that this has happened. But then the Gospel ends in Codex Sinaiticus and other manuscripts by saying the women fled from the tomb and didn't say anything to anyone because they were afraid, period. That's where the Gospel ends. So nobody finds out about it, the disciples don't learn about it, the disciples never see Jesus after the resurrection, that's the end of the story. But later scribes couldn't handle this abrupt ending and they added the 12 verses people find in the King James Bible or other Bibles in which Jesus does appear to his disciples.[38]

Among the scholars who reject Mark 16:9–20, a debate continues about whether the ending at 16:8 is intentional or accidental. Some scholars consider the original ending to have been verse 8. Others argue that Mark never intended to end so abruptly: either he planned another ending that was never written, or the original ending has been lost. C. H. Turner argued that the original version of the Gospel could have been a codex, with the last page being especially vulnerable to damage. Whatever the case, many scholars, including Rudolf Bultmann, have concluded that the Gospel most likely ended with a Galilean resurrection appearance and the reconciliation of Jesus with the Eleven,[39] even if verses 9–20 were not written by the original author of the Gospel of Mark." Source:Wikipedia

Yep, that's the one!

I thought it was an interesting premise; but kinda petered out towards the end a bit. I got that the old psychologist chap was his son; but other than that, the ending was a little unsatisfying ... not sure I'd give it 8/10. Would have liked if they'd made more of the second dude who was also living for ages (the one he'd discussed his condition with, but neither knew if to believe the other; then he saw him 200 years later in a train station).

Anyhow, back on topic...

that was a quote without the matching quote so its manipulated to look as if Pippa has called the bible , babble which is something she would never do

you are manipulating words and making it harder to answer the questions , I answer honestly and truthfully what my experience is and like lawyers in a court you twist the words and the meaning

Barlycorn calls BS on your sister and your only concern is that someone might mistake her reference to his use of the word "babble" as her own?

That, coupled with your reasoning that God made the effort to bring you and your sister together (in the selfish west) while letting thousands of children suffer and die elsewhere in the world, rings alarm bells with regards to your sense of priority :(

(Barley was totally right, by the way)

Archived