Where is your God?

Which God do we follow? There's just so many, it's like being in a really good butchers. You see all the God's have different pro's and con's. The God's of Islam, Christianity, Sikhism, Hinduism, Rome and the Celts are all very appealing.

Surely Thor is the coolest though ? Have you seen his latest film ? :)

Sad to say I doubt very much there is a God sat in the clouds waiting for us to **** our clogs and go and visit him. If there is some kind of God, he/she has allowed this planet of ours to go to the dogs over the years, world wars, nuclear weapons - the list is endless.

Angel1

How could we progress as individuals without free will? We make the decision to do right or wrong, to follow God or the opposition. That's how we learn and progress.

I agree, but you must admit we've made some very dodgy decisions.

Sad to say I doubt very much there is a God sat in the clouds waiting for us to **** our clogs and go and visit him. If there is some kind of God, he/she has allowed this planet of ours to go to the dogs over the years, world wars, nuclear weapons - the list is endless.

Angel1

Wikipedia, " To c o c k your/our clogs simply means to die. You keel over." Why was my post above tampered with?.

Angel1

In reality, God does exist, I mean for real, there are a few Gods and they are ever present on every high street in the country and if you worship them correctly they always answer your prayers. They go by the names of,

HSBC

Barclays

Nat West

etc etc

God doesn't come more real than at these places of worship. That is the reality.

Wikipedia, " To c o c k your/our clogs simply means to die. You keel over." Why was my post above tampered with?.

Angel1

Not heard the expression before angel,pop your clogs,plenty of times.Still no proof of any gods yet though,only in peoples heads.

How could we progress as individuals without free will? We make the decision to do right or wrong, to follow God or the opposition. That's how we learn and progress.

Freewill? It's not a child's freewill to be killed in a disaster or slaughtered in a war. And neither is it a child's freewill to die a painful death weeks or months after being born. What chance do they have to progress?

Also, if God is omniscient as claimed, what you end up with is a God that knows every possible outcome of your life even before you are born. It knows who will worship or not worship, who will be tortured to death or suffer months or years of agony. And no matter how painful or short lived, that callous God looks on without lifting a finger to prevent it. That's not a God worthy of worship.

To an omniscient God, we also wouldn't have freewill. How could we? It would know everything about you in every possible situation - even before you do. Freewill to such a God would not exist.

If people told you, no one would believe them.

Many didn't believe Jesus, despite all his miracles, even though some had actually witnessed the raising of Lazarus.

Jesus didn't perform miracles. You're confusing reality with a story book.

God will show himself in an aubergine somewhere in Greece, or maybe Albania. Because being Omnipotent he obviously just can't appear in the sky can he?

:hihi::hihi:

Nice to have a laugh first thing in the morning.

Archived