Whitby Regatta in August

Pretty certain the coach will park at the car park I mentioned earlier.[they usually do]so you will be able to walk all the way on the flat,so take your time and take it steady and get yourself off,you will be glad you did.:)

itll park near the co op? and everything else happens in the main bit over the road? i should imagine?

It depends what you want to see. If you want to be around the fair/stalls then the West Cliffe area is what you want, it's got a slight gradient but nothing too strenuous. However, if you want to be at the side of the boats near the harbour area, then that's quite a climb back up to West Cliffe. I do think most of the coaches will drop around West Cliffe area but I would check.

However, usually there is a guy who operates a little shuttle up and down for a small fee and you will probably be able to hitch a ride with him. He is usually situated at the bottom corner of West Cliffe before it drops down to the harbour.

It's been MUCH less crowded recently because they dropped the red arrows which were spectacular and most people came to see them, so choose other red arrows events to go to instead now. That said, they are due to return this year, so maybe the crowds they lost will come back.

Archived