How long before the NHS is completely Destroyed?

You can't have mass immigration on the scale we've had in the past 17 years AND an NHS. So it's time for the left to choose. Labour will choose mass immigration, I'm sure of it. Long ago they decided that identity politics was far more important than doing what is right for the British people. So why so many people still vote for them is beyond me.

I'm no supporter of Labour but quite the opposite is true. The vast majority of frequent NHS users and biggest drain in its expenditure are the 'native' British poor. Mostly it's a result of poverty and of lifestyle. However, I know doctors who will freely remark on the notion that 90% + of repeat secondary and tertiary care users are professionally ill. They say that employed people would not spend time visiting surgeries and hospitals demanding treatments for what are often minor ailments that don't really warrant such expensive and detailed investigations.

In contrast European immigrants are mostly responsible for sustaining or economic competitiveness and are less likely to use the NHS. Perhaps it's because they want to work instead.

The party that gained power in 1997 wasn't left wing, Mrs Thatcher said it was her greatest legacy. http://conservativehome.blogs.com/centreright/2008/04/making-history.html

They were left wing. They expanded the public sector and benefits system too much to be right wing. They just weren't as left wing as the Labour party of the 1970s (who decimated the country through strikes) or of the 1980s (who were too left wing to even come close to being elected).

They were left wing. They expanded the public sector and benefits system too much to be right wing. They just weren't as left wing as the Labour party of the 1970s (who decimated the country through strikes) or of the 1980s (who were too left wing to even come close to being elected).

Is that why you voted for them?

I may still have voted for Labour in 1997 if they were further left. I was very naive at the time, only 20 years old.

The legacy of Tony Blair and New Labour has really polarized people. It's incredible to think that you and I voted for the same political party seventeen years ago.

for those of you pro privatisation in the nhs:

do you think pfi has been a great success?

and what about the increased use of contracted cleaners?

or the private hospitals contracted to 'help' the nhs with its waiting lists, cherry picking their cases and being paid whether they do the work or not? (thus making the nhs carry the more complex cases and thereby being accused of being more expensive)

or companies complaining that they can't compete against nhs depts as the nhs doesn't have to budget in shareholders payouts?

and there's a nice list of suggestions of how private companies could make the nhs pay at the bottom of this article http://www.iea.org.uk/blog/how-to-abolish-the-nhs?page=1

yes and they're still building them and a lot of people don't know what pfi is.

If you object some people think you are just against their city getting a new hospital :loopy:

(I know people in Liverpool- who are having a big PFI scam foisted on them)

Archived