You picked on the wrong child..

I think he's right. It's quite clearly not act of self defence (or defence of his son), a couple of punches, enough to subdue the person if necessary until the police arrive, that would probably be legal.

But that guy has been beaten severely, that would be GBH, although a court would certainly take the circumstances into account (if the CPS decided it was in the public interest to prosecute).

I don't doubt too much that the person would be arrested and charged with some sort of assault. The part I found particularly extraordinary was the claim that the guy who was sexually assaulting his kid would be awarded millions in compensation, as a result of a private citizen on his own property beating him up.

I don't doubt too much that the person would be arrested and charged with some sort of assault. The part I found particularly extraordinary was the claim that the guy who was sexually assaulting his kid would be awarded millions in compensation, as a result of a private citizen on his own property beating him up.

Oh, yeah, that seems very unlikely.

The victims of violence can get some small amount of compensation, but it isn't very much.

---------- Post added 21-07-2014 at 16:01 ----------

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/243480/9780108512117.pdf

It's quite complicated, but multiple facial injuries is likely to be worth <10k

The victims of violence can get some small amount of compensation, but it isn't very much.

God forbid the idea that a victim should get or seek any compensation, as a generalisation some on here regard them as bad as perps.

---------- Post added 21-07-2014 at 16:01 ----------

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/243480/9780108512117.pdf

It's quite complicated, but multiple facial injuries is likely to be worth <10k

Any history of offending is taken in to consideration and the amount is reduced. Or it was when I used to assist people with their claims.

:clap::clap::clap:

Hey BP, here again....

It doesn't become obvious (it didn't to me) until I had my own children. It's all about those moments, like, when you're in the park, they are all playing, lotsof children, and my daughter falls off the slide, is hurt, looks around and runs to me, and I realise that in that moment I'm the only one who can help And, yeah, I hope that if I am called on to defend my daughter, I will have the guts to do whatever is necessary.

Hey BP, here again....

It doesn't become obvious (it didn't to me) until I had my own children. It's all about those moments, like, when you're in the park, they are all playing, lotsof children, and my daughter falls off the slide, is hurt, looks around and runs to me, and I realise that in that moment I'm the only one who can help And, yeah, I hope that if I am called on to defend my daughter, I will have the guts to do whatever is necessary.

Hi BF,

That's what gets me people just don't be grasping what a parent would go through, they don't realise that kids are their world.

Archived