You picked on the wrong child..

I know Bonzo mate, but sometimes they just hit the right buttons, and picking on my family does it straight away.

Pete

Nothing worse than those "if you do this, that or the other, then I feel sorry for your kids", messages. They always make me flip too.

yep, his words against the youth's. Everyone going through protracted interviews and court hearings. Father and child reliving the situation over and over again. The youths lawyer arguing that he had an unfortunate childhood & how society failed him. Maybe even that the father was neglectful for leaving him alone. A lawyers pantomime, with the better actor winning the day. Result - suspended sentence with a tag for 6 months, then back to same business as usual. You mean that justice system?

Yes, the one where people are charged, tried by a jury and then sentenced.

maybe, but I'm really not a tempered person or a fighter. I reckon you could hit me and I'd probably not retaliate.... but kids and rape, different matter. If you can't see that, I can convince you no more

What are you trying to convince me off? It's you that claimed it wouldn't be actions as a result of temper.

I don't think he should have killed him for a second. I'm glad he didn't. I also think its naive to think that he wouldn't physically get involved in some way. I think the majority of people would
Agreed

... but to claim the father was in some way wrong or shouldn't have done it

Of course he was wrong to do it. We live a civilisation where violence is not supposed to not be the answer to crime.

or that he was calculating or vindictive is to my mind just plain wrong and paints the abuser as the victim which seems the wrong way around

Never claimed he was. Some people on this thread (and others like it) wished he had gone further and that the perp deserved everything he got (relished in it even), and more. In my mind if you think criminals should be beaten up, or killed, if caught in the act (or even hunted down revenge style) then you're also in favour of the torture and killing of criminals.

That being the case they should really be either campaigning for a return of corporal and capital punishment and failing that, moving somewhere where revenge beatings and killings are the norm.

jb

Archived