Renting is ruining people's lives

It's a fact, renting is ruining people's lives.

Well you learn something about your own life every day.

My life must be appalling since I rent.

part of the problem I believe is that

1. people choose to rent above their means. So they want a mock tudor detached house at £2k/month rent

2. They want 2 BMWs on the drive

3. They want a couple of Bermudian holidays in the year.

When it all don't add up, they put the fault at landlords or government housing policy.

Keep it real and a good life is possible.

I think you need a firmer grasp on reality.

jb

I'd say it's more likely that reading The Guardian is ruining people's lives. With its endless infantile tirades against the nasty tories and those naughty bankers it encourages its readers to blame the banks and the government for their problems rather than taking responsibility for their own lives.

I think you need a firmer grasp on reality.

jb

Maybe in terms of London rental prices and I maybe off when it comes to those who really find themselves in hardship through no fault of their own, but they're not the ones usually protesting anyway, they try to crack on and make the best.

My post comes comes from actual observations of people evicted for mortgage payment defaults, who then blame every other bugger than themselves and their poor decisions.

If you don't like it, sorry, but like I said, I know of numerous instances of this having happened.

Maybe in terms of London rental prices and I maybe off when it comes to those who really find themselves in hardship through no fault of their own, but they're not the ones usually protesting anyway, they try to crack on and make the best.

My post comes comes from actual observations of people evicted for mortgage payment defaults, who then blame every other bugger than themselves and their poor decisions.

If you don't like it, sorry, but like I said, I know of numerous instances of this having happened.

Okay, but that doesn't make it common, nor does it make it related to this thread.

---------- Post added 22-07-2014 at 11:48 ----------

One way to help out is to train young adults in construction and help them build their own homes as part of a 3 year program in any of the building disciplines. I think that would be incentive enough.

They can't afford a plot to build a home on though. Skills aren't the issue, cost is.

Okay, but that doesn't make it common, nor does it make it related to this thread.
No? I thought the thread was about unaffordable housing - renting or mortgaging, it's essentially the same.

Unless it's another anti-landlord thread

No? I thought the thread was about unaffordable housing - renting or mortgaging, it's essentially the same.

Unless it's another anti-landlord thread

The title and the thrust of the first post is specifically about rental...

Archived