Rasputin, Archduke Ferdinand, ww1, strange coincidence

These people care so much about their homeland that they leave it and go and live abroad whereas people who don't emigrate are pretend. Right.

From the OP who started a thread based on a "fact" that wasn't in fact a fact.

This emigrant so hated his homeland that he served its people at sea for 18 years in the world's most professional Navy. I watched yesterday Manchester United play and win in front of over 110,000 people at Ann Arbor , Michigan, the biggest crowd ever to watch a game of football in America. I then watched Liverpool beat AC Milan in Pittsburgh, all for nothing because I don't have to pay for a TV license, and neither my homeland should have to either. Thank you John Cocker for your comments. The world is full of Englsh and British stock who struggled in hot, cold and sometimes dangerous places, bringing civil discourse with them. Too bad even just one Maquiarde spoils it.

not english enough to have a sense of humour:hihi::hihi:r

You'd have to be a muppet not to know where the shift key is.

---------- Post added 04-08-2014 at 08:15 ----------

I watched yesterday Manchester United play......

Because only English people watch Man U. They were playing Real Madrid. Does that mean you have joint Spanish-British citizenship. The club markets itself round the world. Here's a list of MUFC's overseas fan clubs;

http://www.manutd.com/en/Fanzone/Local-Supporters-Clubs.aspx

You'd have to be a muppet not to know where the shift key is.

---------- Post added 04-08-2014 at 08:15 ----------

Because only English people watch Man U. They were playing Real Madrid. Does that mean you have joint Spanish-British citizenship. The club markets itself round the world. Here's a list of MUFC's overseas fan clubs;

http://www.manutd.com/en/Fanzone/Local-Supporters-Clubs.aspx

Duh! :D What do you mean "only English people watch Man Utd " ? :loopy:

Didn't the banks always seem to be better off after these wars ?

Depends which banks in which country.

Germany's banking system didnt exist any longer in May 1945. France's was in chaos. England's was skint and so was Russia's.

Those neutral countries such a Sweden and Switzerland fared pretty well and so did those in the US

England's was skint and so was Russia's.

Russia's banks were skint because they didn't exist. Gosbank, the state Bank of the USSR, was the only bank in the USSR from the 1930s until Gorbachev's era. It was a state tool of putting the Soviet economy under government control. Stalin wasn't a big fan of commercial banking.

Archived