Thumbs up for the Northern General today

At two weeks on from surgery, I would have expected her to be mobilising.

They have you up and walking within a couple of days of surgery, these days.

Secondly, as I said above, at 87, she probably does have osteoporosis, there are very few 87 year olds who don't have bone density issues. As gnomi said,

a) falls happen all the time, and

b) very few hospitals provide 1:1 nursing.

---------- Post added 24-07-2014 at 22:19 ----------

In a straightforward hip replacement, they look to discharging the patient by the third or fourth day after surgery.

Wow............can I just say bulshwazzle.......did you actually read that I mentioned dementia? Did you actually read that I put no Osteoporosis (confirmed)?....... Are you an Orthopedic surgeon? Yes they do have you up and walking (aided) in a few days. Discharging after 3/4 days is absolute rubbish for a person of that age.:loopy:

I have nothing praise for the northern. I have been going there for years I have received nothing but. The best caree from doctors nurses, down to the tea lady, have always been kind to me the only one I. Don't like is the chef every day he does his best to poison me lol.

What, fawning over a hospital that did good? This should be the norm. NGH get a BIG thumbs down from me.:(:mad:

The NGH looked after my Grandma who has Alzheimers with great care and dignity every single time she was admitted. She was often quite difficult to care for because of her dementia but the nurses were patient, caring and understanding.

Mate - I feel for you but this isn't the right place to complain. Contact the hospital and speak to someone who can help you.

This thread is specifically for the positive side of the NHS - there are many many more threads on here where you can vent your spleen.

Seriously mate, you need to let go and move on - for the sake of your sanity and well being. Bad things happen in life sometimes - move on.

Let's keep this thread a 'feel good' one.

Edited by Hammerstein

Completely agree with all the above, Northern General sorted me out a treat after Rotherham General made a massive mess of looking after me.

It's far from the 1st time I've heard people talk about being sorted by ngh after recieving botched treatment at smaller hospitals in the region, and Rotherham's name often comes up.

Guest busdriver1
It's far from the 1st time I've heard people talk about being sorted by ngh after recieving botched treatment at smaller hospitals in the region, and Rotherham's name often comes up.

Hallamshire stepped in for the same reason for me so thumbs up to them as well.

The NGH looked after my Grandma who has Alzheimers with great care and dignity every single time she was admitted. She was often quite difficult to care for because of her dementia but the nurses were patient, caring and understanding.

Mate - I feel for you but this isn't the right place to complain. Contact the hospital and speak to someone who can help you.

This thread is specifically for the positive side of the NHS - there are many many more threads on here where you can vent your spleen.

Let's keep this thread a 'feel good' one.

The hospital was contacted...so was the trust all to no avail..denied any shortage of staff when the Ward Sister told me they were severely short staffed at the time. Quote "we can't be expected to keep an eye on all the patients who want to go to the toilet"

This thread is open to anyone who wants to post an alternative view.......it's called discussion.