Screaming Trampolining Children!

If they can manage it from dusk till dawn I'd be surprised at firstly their levels of fitness and further their ability to cope without sleep.

In seriousness yes it would be annoying if it were all day every day but I'd be stunned were that true. Every so often for an hour or two would be more realistic. Trying to keep kids focused on one task for any length of time isn't easy.

If as I suspect it's a couple of hours here or there then that's fine. Better than chavs walking past drinking and swearing.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Yes, of course, most of us could put up with a couple of hours of it here and there, just as we put up with the noise of our neighbour's motor mower or the other neighbour's bandsaw... The problem seems to be that the house with the trampoline acts as a magnet for all the kids in the neighbourhood, so it can well be all day long, even if each child only has an hour or so on it. They also go on more than one at a time, hence the excessive screaming.

Some people were complaining about the lack of privacy too - the kids bouncing so high they could see into their gardens. That wouldn't bother me, tbh - I'd just turn round so I couldn't see them. But the screaming would get to me.

It seems to be on the increase in swimming pools, too (really high pitched screaming, I mean).

You will hear the sound of silence when you are dead so make the most of the sound happiness.

Stop being maudlin and sentimental. When you are dead you hear nothing. I'm more concerned with the living. If the sound of one person's happiness drives another to the point of migraine and/or unhappiness, it's not OK.

Think of a type of music you really dislike. Now imagine that it makes your neighbours - or their children - really happy to play it loudly in the garden all day. Or imagine that it makes them happy to shout expletives outside all day long.

Would it be OK for them to do that, just because it makes them happy? Of course not.

Yes, of course, most of us could put up with a couple of hours of it here and there, just as we put up with the noise of our neighbour's motor mower or the other neighbour's bandsaw... The problem seems to be that the house with the trampoline acts as a magnet for all the kids in the neighbourhood, so it can well be all day long, even if each child only has an hour or so on it. They also go on more than one at a time, hence the excessive screaming.

Some people were complaining about the lack of privacy too - the kids bouncing so high they could see into their gardens. That wouldn't bother me, tbh - I'd just turn round so I couldn't see them. But the screaming would get to me.

It seems to be on the increase in swimming pools, too (really high pitched screaming, I mean).

Well you have only got around 5 more weeks of the school holidays to go,then at least you will get six hours peace a day,,

Well you have only got around 5 more weeks of the school holidays to go,then at least you will get six hours peace a day,,

It isn't me that has to endure it, thank goodness. I was merely expressing sympathy for those who do.

And 5 weeks is a long time to listen to screaming. That's your whole summer gone - it's not right.

Screaming kids are good news, its when they go quiet you have to see what they are up to.

I cant think of anything worse than screaming brats . Its the same in a lot of Boozers these days , they let kids in and ruin it for adults. What happened to "Children should be seen but not heard " ? Thats how i was brought up.

I cant think of anything worse than screaming brats . Its the same in a lot of Boozers these days , they let kids in and ruin it for adults. What happened to "Children should be seen but not heard " ? Thats how i was brought up.

With cauliflower ears.

Archived