Screaming Trampolining Children!

If you live in an area with lots of families and can't stand it then move house. Stop torturing yourself.

Again, you have fallen into the trap of reading what you want to read and ignoring what is actually written.

First, I do indeed live in an area with lots of families. It's called a community.

Second, I am fortunate in that the families I live amongst are civilised enough not to allow their children to run riot/scream endlessly/make other people miserable. Others (it seems) are not so lucky. Unlike you, I do not think they should not have to move house to find some peace; they have done nothing wrong.

Third, I'm not 'torturing' myself about anything. I am merely conducting a discussion about how annoying (or not) other people find, or would find, the screaming - from dawn to dusk - of their neighbours' children.

If you don't think it's interesting or important, don't bother contributing.

Again, you have fallen into the trap of reading what you want to read and ignoring what is actually written.

First, I do indeed live in an areas with lots of families. It's called a community.

Second, I am fortunate in that the families I live amongst are civilised enough not to allow their children to run riot/scream endlessly/make other people miserable. Others (it seems) are not so lucky. Unlike you, I do not think they should not have to move house to find some peace; they have done nothing wrong.

Third, I'm not 'torturing' myself about anything. I am merely conducting a discussion about how annoying (or not) other people find, or would find, the screaming - from dawn to dusk - of their neighbours' children.

It doesn't bother me. I'm a parent, uncle, live near lots of families and close to a school and nursery.

I have kids who own a trampoline. They jump and play on it, but if I hear them screaming I tell them to keep the noise down. We have to have consideration for our neighbours because other people want to enjoy good weather too and sit relax in their gardens without having to tolerate the noise.

I have kids who own a trampoline. They jump and play on it, but if I hear them screaming I tell them to keep the noise down. We have to have consideration for our neighbours because other people want to enjoy good weather too and sit relax in their gardens without having to tolerate the noise.

Glad to hear it. You are restoring my faith in human nature.

---------- Post added 24-07-2014 at 21:53 ----------

It doesn't bother me. I'm a parent, uncle, live near lots of families and close to a school and nursery.

So do I. Schools and nurseries are not a problem as teachers generally know how to stop small children screaming.

With respect, that's a gormless suggestion. People should not have to relocate to a remote farm in order to avoid the screaming of their neighbours' children.

It would be much more appropriate for parents to be considerate towards the other members of their community, don't you think?

Not really a bad suggestion at all.Ive lived in the middle of nohere and one thing you do miss is the sort of noises you refer to - its like "people" doing people things

First, I do indeed live in an areas with lots of families. It's called a community.

Alice ,I am sorry I have gone back to your first post and read it again.

I thought you were complaining about your neighbours children screaming.

I stand by what I said, but now I understand it was not you complaining.

and I am glad you live in a nice community..:)

Alice ,I am sorry I have gone back to your first post and read it again.

I thought you were complaining about your neighbours children screaming.

I stand by what I said, but now I understand it was not you complaining.

and I am glad you live in a nice community..:)

That's OK! Thank you for taking the trouble to read it.

I don't envy you your job, but I'm sure the children you mind don't scream all day!

That's OK! Thank you for taking the trouble to read it.

I don't envy you your job, but I'm sure the children you mind don't scream all day!

well they do have their moments.but i do love my job. i wont be be buying a trampoline though thats a cert..

Mmm interesting. We live side of a lovely polish family. 2 little toddler girls and lad about 8 play on trampoline regular. 10-15 minutes fine but then it really becomes annoying. Never felt like this before end up having to go indoors.

Not really a bad suggestion at all.Ive lived in the middle of nohere and one thing you do miss is the sort of noises you refer to - its like "people" doing people things

Teenagers racing round and round the neighbourhood on motor bikes, people having sex loudly in the bedroom next door, neighbours smoking dope/swearing offensively/running generators/playing loud music/burning food on barbecues/burning tyres in the garden next to you are all 'people doing people things' but it does not mean those things are socially acceptable. 'Doing people things' as you so vaguely put it, is surely only OK if it doesn't restrict the reasonable freedom of others to enjoy their lives.

---------- Post added 25-07-2014 at 06:29 ----------

Mmm interesting. We live side of a lovely polish family. 2 little toddler girls and lad about 8 play on trampoline regular. 10-15 minutes fine but then it really becomes annoying. Never felt like this before end up having to go indoors.

Sorry to hear that. You should not have to go indoors. Have you spoken to the parents about it at all?

Archived