Older folk need kisses and cuddles too

Get yourself a small/medium dog, that will get you out of the house, help to keep you fit n healthy. The rest is up to you.

That is so true.

I'm not a dog person but for some reason my daughter's two dogs (a labrador and a yorkypoo) go mad for a stroke when I visit.

When we take them for a walk almost everyone will stop for a chat or say hello which doesn't happen without the dogs.

PS yorkypoo= fancy name and price for what was called a mongrel!!

Hi Axus,

I think there are an awful lot of ladies out there who are also looking for male companionship but who aren't necessarily looking for marriage or 'soulmates.' (That might happen but I think it has to evolve naturally.) But they aren't going to come knocking on your door. Just as it was when you were younger, it's still about getting out there and getting involved in your community.

So jump in and perhaps join a few clubs that reflect your interests. Make friends, and the rest might follow.

Good luck and best wishes.

Hi Axus,

I think there are an awful lot of ladies out there who are also looking for male companionship but who aren't necessarily looking for marriage or 'soulmates.' (That might happen but I think it has to evolve naturally.) But they aren't going to come knocking on your door. Just as it was when you were younger, it's still about getting out there and getting involved in your community.

So jump in and perhaps join a few clubs that reflect your interests. Make friends, and the rest might follow.

Good luck and best wishes.

Do you mean sex only?

Do you mean sex only?

Not at all. I mean companionship, company, friendship, maybe sex too, but not necessarily long term commitment, living together etc.

Although some women will be looking for something more permanent, not all want that.

Faint heart never won fair lady. Join senior social groups, bingo evenings, day trips etc.

If you see a lady you like and she's in your situation ask her out. There's no reason she'd say no but if she does ... remember it's better to have tried and failed than never having tried at all. But keep on trucking nevertheless. You'll get lucky

Have a look at http://www.way-up.co.uk/ It is a forum for widowed people in their 50's and 60's, who meet up regularly. The Sheffield group meets around once per month.

hennypenny...

I'm widowed and in my early sixties, so followed your link.

I wonder if you have?

I ask because it's impossible to view the forum unless registered.

I tried registering.....and abandoned registration pretty smartly!

They ask quite intrusive questions and unless you are prepared to answer you ain't getting in.

Basically, unless you want to tell your "story" before viewing who you are talking to.......

Not helpful at all to anyone suffering bereavement.

On another note:

I've noticed the OP hasn't been back on line at SF since posting.

He says he is in his late sixties, yet he posted in September 2013.....

"Re: New rule's at PDSA

Can anyone advise me please.

I am 72 years old and have a 4 year old Yorkie, no papers or anything, the seller couldn't even give me her date of birth.

The first thing I did was to to have her neutered. shows I am not breeding with her.

---------- Post added 11-08-2014 at 01:59 ----------

Just to clarify....

I'm not having a go at the OP.

I have every sympathy, being in the same situation.

Just pointing out that not everything you read on the internet is cosha.....and asking intrusive questions at registration is out of order.

I have been registered with them for 4 years and have found them to be an excellent forum, very friendly and supportive. I have met with the group several times. It is run by widow/ers for widow/ers. As far as I remember they asked my age and a short introduction about myself and about my husband, which I didn't mind, but obviously this could be different for other people. I don't think many people go into huge detail in their introduction, so there is no need to give any information you don't want to. I think this is just to try and weed out the many scammers who can (and do) prey on vulnerable new widow/ers.

As to the OP's age, that is up to him, but it is noticeable on dating sites how many men lose a few years when they write their descriptions, and how they forget to use recent photos :)

Archived