How much to replace turbo on Fiesta 1.4 diesel?

So you think it isn't the turbo then?

---------- Post added 26-07-2014 at 06:04 ----------

Getting worried driving it incase I'm doing more damage to the car. Would like someone to take a look at it and let me know what is causing the problem.

Think of the turbo as a hair dryer. It has nothing to do with blue/ white / Gray smoke from the exhaust.

Read This.

It can have a lot to do with blue/grey smoke.

"If the turbo housing has cracked, or the internal seals have blown, oil will start to leak into your exhaust system. As this burns off, it produces a distinctive blue/grey smoke, which will probably become more apparent as the engine revs increase just following an idle situation"

Source

I am no mechanic,but I do know when buying a car with a turbo,this is one of the things to look out for,in petrol versions anyway.

The engine in them is very similar to the Peugeot and Citroen engines in the bipper and nemo vans they do suffer with turbo faults usually due to lack of maintenance the oil and filters need to be changed every 10 thousand miles to be safe with those engines,the oil supply pipe is to small and bungs up with carbon and muck starving the turbo of oil damaging the turbo seals,the tell tale signs are oil in the turbo output pipe and white coloured smoke coming from the exhaust,cost of a new turbo is a bit expensive about £500 new from the main dealers, have a shop round you might be able to pick a decent secondhand one up,before you do that try changing the oil and filters and use some engine flush to try and clean out any carbon build up in the turbo oil supply pipe.

Archived